Review: Masterpiece Skywarp Figure

Blitz-Wing

warbot

Posted 4 minutes ago

i never seen a starscream megs or grimlock....optimus is the only old one i seen....skywarp is all over indianna...really wanted a grimlock....

There is no Masterpiece Grimlock that was released by Hasbro.

• Replies 26
  • Created
  • Last Reply

no megatron either, but there will be a US grimlock.

blitz.

you should really angle his wings upwards in robot mode and swing the side panels with the tail wings back so that they are horizontal.

and there is a way to pose the legs so that he doesn't look goofy.

The scant few Starscream I found were at standard Walmarts :shrug

I remember looking high and low for Starscream and had to go the ebeay route. I worked out though cause the seller tried to screw me which backfired so I got 2 for $65 shipped :D

blitz.

you should really angle his wings upwards in robot mode and swing the side panels with the tail wings back so that they are horizontal.

Except that I don't care for the 2 panels sticking out of his back like that... plus it adds to the backheaviness.

(sorry for the garbage pictures, my mom has my digital*)

Photo139-1.jpg

Photo140.jpg

Photo141.jpg

so you're telling me that that way looks better than this way?

in my opinion.. this way is still stable.. and looks much much better.

*please don't warn me again cause i disagree with you.

I figured that his tail/side panels were just put down by his legs for packaging to make it fit better in the box.

How'd you like to try and run with those placed by your legs ??? Not that a jet needs to run often :)

I keep all my MP Seekers with those side pannels down.

It does look better keeping them up when looking straight forward. However it also creates a huge space wasting, unsightly backpack.

Those pieces are really the bane of these figures, but facing down the alomst look like coat tails. With the capes, they really arent that offensive at all.

Still, I wish they went with the origional Seeker leg design where it was all attached. Granted the legs were bulky, but they still looked pretty dam good.

Now on to the review. Didnt Skywarp in Takara/JPN have a different face mold for the second face?

Yes he did and it suits him better than the faces the US version comes with.

blitz.

Except that I don't care for the 2 panels sticking out of his back like that... plus it adds to the backheaviness.

Definitely agree with that. I'll admit that those panels pointed backwards do look better when viewed from the front, but it looks ridiculous from any other angle. And it causes the figure to be too backheavy and dependent on the display stand. I have the panels hanging besides the legs on all four of my MP seekers (US & MP Starscream, MP Skywarp & MP Thundercracker). ANd they can all stand without any aid

post-2885-12593431892031_thumb.jpg

Now on to the review. Didnt Skywarp in Takara/JPN have a different face mold for the second face?

Yes he did and it suits him better than the faces the US version comes with.

blitz.

Definitely agree with that. I'll admit that those panels pointed backwards do look better when viewed from the front, but it looks ridiculous from any other angle. And it causes the figure to be too backheavy and dependent on the display stand. I have the panels hanging besides the legs on all four of my MP seekers (US & MP Starscream, MP Skywarp & MP Thundercracker). ANd they can all stand without any aid

Thank you for that, I knew I was forgetting a detail.

While I've seen Skywarp at nearly every Wal-Mart I've gone to, I only Starscream once, and that's the one that I bought.

Me too! Im glad i found him. Too bad if i didnt go pick my dad up at the airport & make a quick stop 1st, i never would have him now. BUT i did! :D

warbot

Posted 4 minutes ago

i never seen a starscream megs or grimlock....optimus is the only old one i seen....skywarp is all over indianna...really wanted a grimlock....

There is no Masterpiece Grimlock that was released by Hasbro.

Not yet ;) Hasbro said last q & a., that they are INDEED releasing him this year (2010). heh

blitz.

I notice you dont use ANY punctuation. :S Blitz WING doesnt like being told that stuff from my reading experience. He does his thing a certain way, you will come to see that, and thats that from as far as i can tell.

+ Im sure he knows this Tim. ;)

*edit* My pc must be on the fritz, as this post bellow wasnt in my sights b4 i posted mine above :eek

(sorry for the garbage pictures, my mom has my digital*)

Photo139-1.jpg

Photo140.jpg

Photo141.jpg

so you're telling me that that way looks better than this way?

in my opinion.. this way is still stable.. and looks much much better.

*please don't warn me again cause i disagree with you.

heh. You got warned. :P It happens man, maybe you should learn from it. Never piss off the mods bro ; )

Archived