Michael Bay Says Transformers 3 Goes Deeper - Unicron?

MISP Steve

• Replies 35
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I like darker!!.... but it's not gonna happen. I hope it would but i don't believe Bay has it in him for "deeper". As for more focus on bumblebee in the 3rd... i don't know. I don''t think i can handle another 20 versions of bumblebee on the shelves.

I am right there with you.

I like darker!!.... but it's not gonna happen. I hope it would but i don't believe Bay has it in him for "deeper". As for more focus on bumblebee in the 3rd... i don't know. I don''t think i can handle another 20 versions of bumblebee on the shelves.

I am right there with you.

and how is focusing on Bumblebee of all characters supposed to be deeper and darker? that's ridiculous. unless you completely reinvent him

Deeper into the lore?

Deaths Head! FRAK YES!

I'd love to see him (done right) in TF3. Too bad Marvel owns him. Of course, maybe Marvel Studios can do a DH movie! Hey, if Ghost Rider & Blade can get flicks, why not?

Spystreak, do us a favor? When you know something stupid is about to come out of your mouth, just don't let it. Mmmkay? Awesome.

...wishing for the man to be dead over a movie.

The fandom is slowly pushing me away with their ridiculousness. Wanting a man's existence to end over a movie you don't agree with?

Bay's collecting paychecks, while you keep feeding his bank account. You people bitch and moan constantly about the guy but keep giving him your hard earned money.

There is NO one to blame but yourselves.

And I don't care if it's Bay, Uwe Boll, whoever... They don't deserve to die over a movie, nor have their life threatened, etc.

Some of you folks scare the shit out of me, and this is one of the reasons I refuse to waste money on Botcon. I'm liable to either be killed by, or end up punching one of you out in self defense.

Get some meds.

Now, onto the video itself.

Bay said he wanted the film to possibly be darker overall, but give Bumblebee more screen time, more of a story, more emotions. I don't see how that's so hard for people to figure out.

The bias and hatred is soooo blinding, it's disgusting.

I HATE the original G1 movie, with a passion. Do I hate the people behind it? Of course not. They were doing their job, and they seem like really wonderful people who tried to make us happy for years.

Why are you lot so fucking selfish anymore? Why?

In his defense, I would like to point out that Bay did have a writer's strike in the middle of writing this movie to contend with, meaning that whatever footage they had already made had to be cobbled together with some kind of weird script (and wow, does it show...)

Having said that, I have mixed hopes at best for Transformers 3. I still feel that these are like Superman movies being told from the perspective of Jimmy Olsen. Transformers is (or should be) about Transformers, not the people who love them. He does mention character development, which would be awfully nice for once (and not the "how stupid can we act" kind of character "development"). Having a coherent plot, and maybe less focus on how much explodey to fit in, could help a lot for that. But will it actually happen? Who knows?

See what I mean? Mixed hopes.

(Come to think of it, I had mixed hopes for two as well, and they were destroyed. Three strikes and you're out, IMHO.)

In his defense, I would like to point out that Bay did have a writer's strike in the middle of writing this movie to contend with, meaning that whatever footage they had already made had to be cobbled together with some kind of weird script (and wow, does it show...)

Having said that, I have mixed hopes at best for Transformers 3. I still feel that these are like Superman movies being told from the perspective of Jimmy Olsen. Transformers is (or should be) about Transformers, not the people who love them. He does mention character development, which would be awfully nice for once (and not the "how stupid can we act" kind of character "development"). Having a coherent plot, and maybe less focus on how much explodey to fit in, could help a lot for that. But will it actually happen? Who knows?

See what I mean? Mixed hopes.

(Come to think of it, I had mixed hopes for two as well, and they were destroyed. Three strikes and you're out, IMHO.)

And this, folks, is a legitimate and reasonable critique of the situation at hand. Give it a try, won't you?

There is NO one to blame but yourselves.

The group of fans that tend toward such proclamations as "I've seen it four times, and I'm going to see it for a fifth time tonight!" and the group of fans that proffer such statements as "Michael Bay is artistically bankrupt and should never have been handed the directorial chair" do not, as a rule of thumb, overlap. I understand that you are striking out at fans that hypocritically criticize Bay whilst lining his pockets but in reality, I suspect that this group is but a very small subset of the Transformers fandom.

(And this is before we cover the more pertinent issue - that the fans cannot be held responsible for Bay's selection and continued character as the director at the helm of the film franchise. The fandom has the slightest scant impact on the selection of persons involved in the film productions, as evidenced by the choice of Hugo Weaving as the voice of Megatron.)

And I don't care if it's Bay, Uwe Boll, whoever... They don't deserve to die over a movie, nor have their life threatened, etc.

Deserve to die? No, they don't. But let me ask you this - have you taken these statements, which essentially amount to death threats, and forwarded them to the relevant authorities? If the answer is 'no', then you clearly recognize them for what they are - hyperbole hidden behind the veil of anonymity. In which case, why act as if they are anything other?

I HATE the original G1 movie, with a passion. Do I hate the people behind it? Of course not. They were doing their job, and they seem like really wonderful people who tried to make us happy for years.

"They were doing their job" and "They seem like really wonderful people" are no excuse for a poor end-product. I fear invoking Godwin's Law here, but one could equally apply these statements to the ranks of the SS.

While I'd like to believe that the writers strike was responsible in a large part for the large plotholes and limited characterisations in the Transformers themselves, unfortunately this would have had little impact on the film as the film would not have started filming with an incomplete script, especially considering the enormously large costs of rendering the Transformers. True there are often rewrites during movie shoots, but never of the scale that would right the many wrongs of ROTF.

To be honest I feel rather ambivilant towards Micheal Bay, while I feel that he's done Transformers a huge disservice through both movies by missing his target audiences on both occasions (aiming too low on TF1 - shoot the dog & urine... aiming too high on TF2 - bad language and blatent racial referances) and making talking down to the fanbase (throwing words like the Matrix around, then making it extremely anti-climactic), he has done one thing right, put Transformers on the map and appealed to NEW audiences.

I don't believe anyone here actually wants to harm Micheal Bay literally, but expressing the actual level of hurt that is felt is not an easy task and in some cases mouths can move quicker than brains (one of the advantages of G1 Optimus not having a mouth). What really needs to be understood that on both sides of any arguement regarding something as sacred as our childhood heroes, passions will run high.

A little slack will go along way, death threats are wrong... but then is stuffing 15+ lubrication jokes into 1 minute of film.

Archived