Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

TFormers Community

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

Weird packaging error I found at local Walmart

Recommended Posts

How ridiculous.

 

However, it's nothing compared to what I saw at a brand new Wal-Mart Supercenter last week. In the clearance section was a G.I. Joe 5-pack. It was the most recent one, with a new Flint and Baroness, and a Viper with a chromed helmet. Anyway, the front flap was torn off. Inside the packaging were a bunch of old G.I. Joe figures. Most were from the '90s, with one vintage Barbecue figure. Each figure had one standard G.I. Joe rifle. This return should have been refused immediately. It just goes to show you that stores don't really give a damn about toys.

  • Replies 30
  • Views 2.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

yeah, my walmart has some SW Storm Troopers in some GIJoe packaging :P

Amazing.

 

i hope you get your money back.

  • 2 months later...

If it was the yellow version of Energon Hot Shot, i would have bought it off you! Maybe something like this will be a good thing someday. Thank god for us TFfans that know the difference, I feel sorry for kids really. :( Imagine said kid, asking his mom for a ROTF Optimus Prime and getting a Mv1. Optimus Prime. I mean the kid (unless smarter then we used to be*on ave*) wouldn't even have noticed the difference. The only thing is the instructions would have been a DISASTER! :tflaugh Its not really funny, but kinda at the same time. :P

 

Me, even know i got a TF:A UM for $10 on clearance, he was in HIS box, so i never seen nothing like that. I guess VT & NH dont have the balls. But really this sh*t is wrong and shouldnt be condoned! It was the internet that gave these idiots these ideas. Damn net. :internet

That was actually a pretty good repackaging job. I think the funniest I've seen was a G.I. JOE Resolute set with a bunch of those cheap C.O.R.P.S figures inside with a old Scarlet and Duke inside that looked covered with something that was either feces or a lot of feces.

I hate when ppl lie to fit in.

 

And i gotta agree with UC, A MAZ ING!!! But not so much at the one event this thread is about, but the fact EVERYONE in this thread seems to have a story. Ive NEVER seen anything like this. :roll Its hard to believe that ALL these things happened that were mentioned. Some i DO believe, like the Menasor one, and Mikeprime, i believe his GIJoe story for some reason. Evilmus has never given me a reason to doubt him, hes straight. And a few others. But SOMEPEOPLE here aren't telling the truth, cuz there is NO WAY that per every member posting, there is an incident like these. I was curious and asked TEN friends online if they ever seen anything like this. Toy buyers obviously. One said sorta, the rest said "never, ppl arnt that dumb".

I hate when ppl lie to fit in.

 

And i gotta agree with UC, A MAZ ING!!! But not so much at the one event this thread is about, but the fact EVERYONE in this thread seems to have a story. Ive NEVER seen anything like this. :roll Its hard to believe that ALL these things happened that were mentioned. Some i DO believe, like the Menasor one, and Mikeprime, i believe his GIJoe story for some reason. Evilmus has never given me a reason to doubt him, hes straight. And a few others. But SOMEPEOPLE here aren't telling the truth, cuz there is NO WAY that per every member posting, there is an incident like these. I was curious and asked TEN friends online if they ever seen anything like this. Toy buyers obviously. One said sorta, the rest said "never, ppl arnt that dumb".

 

Personnaly I've never seen something like this, but it's believable. My wife used to work at K-Mart customer service and it's the store policy to accept the return. She would come home pissed all the time because she had to return money to people that were clearly ripping the store off by returning a used product or returning the wrong product or to return stuff that they just stole. Even though it was obvious the store managers wanted to keep the customers happy so they refunded the money.

ersonnaly I've never seen something like this, but it's believable. My wife used to work at K-Mart customer service and it's the store policy to accept the return. She would come home pissed all the time because she had to return money to people that were clearly ripping the store off by returning a used product or returning the wrong product or to return stuff that they just stole. Even though it was obvious the store managers wanted to keep the customers happy so they refunded the money.

 

I've never seen anything like this either but I worked at retail for a while and it was pretty amazing the things that people would try to return. For example, people really WOULD try to return things they stole. As per the story policy, we had to give them story credit.

I hate when ppl lie to fit in.

 

 

Just because you haven't seen it, does not discount others stories. Count yourself lucky to live among more honest people in your town.

 

TF Wiki article full of examples

Let us know how the return goes. Never heard about a switched figure getting returned twice. :tflaugh

 

I've only seen a swap once, and it was Cybertron Menasor in Cybertron's Scourge's packaging. I bought it, but it was cause I was wanting a Menasor. :lol

i got a soundwave with some minicon in (loose) is menasor any good?

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Sign Up For The TNI Newsletter And Have The News Delivered To You!
SOCIAL NETWORKS

ToyNewsI MarvelousNews Tformers JediInsider
Entertainment News International (ENI) is the oldest, largest, and most popular news source for adult toy collectors (kidults) all around the world.

Get the scoop every day on all the popular culture action figures, comics, games, movies, toys, and more!

Contact and Support
Advertising | Submit News | Contact ENI | Privacy Policy


All images, trademarks, logos, video, brands and images used on this website are registered trademarks of their respective companies and owners. All Rights Reserved. Data has been shared for news reporting purposes only. All content sourced by fans, online websites, and or other fan community sources. Entertainment News International is not responsible for reporting errors, inaccuracies, omissions, and or other liablities related to news shared here. We do our best to keep tabs on infringements. If some of your content was shared by accident. Please Contact us about any infringements right away - CLICK HERE

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.