The Fallen on earth only 17,000 years ago?

Th 4RL deal

First off, it wasn't 17,000 years ago. It was 17,000 BC. In other words 19,000 years ago; a time when hunanity was still a race of hunter-gatherers. Megatron Followed the All Spark directly. When the All spark was launched, Megatron set out immediately trying to chase it down, hot on its heels so to speak. He lost it when it entered a worm hole, but tracked it down to Earth in relatively short order before crashing in the Arctic Circle. According to the first movie, this happened about 10,000 years ago, give or take. By the time the war had actually begun, the Transformers' history was already lost to the ages, so we can conclude that most of the Transformers of this time are only a couple of thousand years old at the most when the All Spark was launched, rather than the millions of years in G1. The old Seekers like Jetfire though would be truly ancient, even by Cybertronian standards, probably being several million years old. The Original Primes, are almost as old as the universe itself. Basically, the modern Transformers in the movie are far younger than their G1 predecessors.

Knew we could count on somebody! Thanks, Tramp! :thumb

The origional Primes left Cyberton looking for the Enrgon in suns to harvest. No where does it say how long ago they left Cybertron with there mission o attain Energon. So even though TF2 begins with a 17-19K year ago flashback on Earth, there is nothing saying that they didn't leave Cybertron millions of years ago if not more.

Very interesting point! :thumb

I'd now like to thank everyone who has posted in this thread! :thumb

Unfortunately this is the part where I admit that the whole reason this question came up was so I could figure out how to write my crappy little Fan fic/ comic thing that many of you have probably seen me mentioning here or there. I was trying to figure out how to plot the course of Megatron's rise to power.

So I'm thinking of taking Liege Evilmus' idea that the Primes actually left Cybertron to collect energon Millions of Years ago, and everyone just took it for granted that the energon came from... somewhere; but they forgot about the Primes and their mission across the cosmos...

Which will allow me to (disregarding all the 'expanded universe content') put Megatron in a situation at the same time as the Fallen is fighting the primes on earth and... well... check this out on my Deviant Art page, and I'll explain my time line later if you really want me to:

Megatron's Flashback Part 1

Megatron's Flashback Part 2

Megatron's Flashback Part 3

Just be warned that I drew this stuff REALLY fast, so it's not all my best quality.

Archived