Alternator Hot Rod (Sideswipe repaint)

trench

thats cool and I hate hot rod and the sideswipe alternator so u must be doing something right lol.

P.S your Jazz has his feet the wrong way around ;) and I recommend getting the red version most vigorously, its cool but the quality on the Binaltech isnt as good as the alternator version.

• Replies 31
  • Created
  • Last Reply

According to UPS, Red Meister is supposed to be here next Tuesday.

His feet will be "correctly" transformed, and I am going to add some paint applications to his head to differentiate him even more - with some silver followed by clear red (for an annodized metal look) to the "ears" on his helmet.

And I really like the head you found for him.

I think painting the black portions of the legs red, the black convertable-top yellow (might make a good substitute for yellow flames), and replace some of the orange with red.

It's actually Sideswipe's head, I just cut off the "ears" and sanded it down somewhat so it was a less angular.

The lower legs are actually a dark grey (like the animation model) and I painted the feet gun metal like the orignal toy. Also, originally I only had the top portion of the chest painted orange, which is why I painted the upper arms orange (they were always been on the toy and show) as I thought he needed more color there. Now that you mention it, he might be a little too orange now, maybe I'll repaint the upper arms red.

OPP, yeah, the animated version had light grey hands - considering that all of the other Alts have black hands, maybe I will paint them grey.

You're on top of things, Trench. Keep up the good work!

I was originally thinking about the "trunk chest" transformation, but the problem I had with it was that the flames would flow the wrong way when he was in car mode (from the back towards the front - since the back of the trunk would be the front of his chest). By keeping the standard transformation, and having the chest flames on the convertible top cover will let them flow up in robot mode and back in car mode.

Can't wait to see how the alt mode looks. Good job there. I like the way you colored the inside of the trunk yellow to simulate the spoilers in bot mode.

I would prefer to have the biceps part red instead of orange. But that's just me :tftongue

I'd think turning it around and using the 'alternate' chest method might look better, getting a flame detail with the spoiler mounted to the convertible top cover....

post-39-1097113476.jpg

Archived