Is anyone else's universe Starscream loose as a wet noodle?

Swindlewillswindleyou

I kinda picked him up on an impulse since I felt jipped that Hound and Cyclonus were missing from the pegs. I have AS and classics SS, but I'm a sucker for geewiz akkurasee. He looks spiffy in the packaging, but keeping figures in the package no matter how cool they look in there has always been tough.

• Replies 40
  • Created
  • Last Reply

like I said before, its really not the mold being worn out, so much as the different plastics/colors affecting shrinkage after molding. since they're having this issue, they could up the mold temp by 10 degrees and add a couple seconds to cooling and the shrinkage issue would go away.

and fwiw the all the parts for ramjet except the wings were most likely made with the same mold as starscream. the head change is just an insert that gets swapped out to make a conehead. all the rest is identical.

I broke down and opened mine (as seen in my av). As far as I can tell mine is an exception to the rule. SS doesn't have a single loose joint or sloppy paint apps. The wings are slightly loose, but they don't flop. My Classics SS has loose hips and this one outshines him there. I really dig the simple paint job and how clean it turned out.

My brother nagged me until I decided to get another SS 2.0. I opened him and he actually had decent QC. I mean, his left leg's slider joint was weak as hell and most of his other joints were loose, but nothing came apart. I fixed him up and now I'm happy.

Archived