Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

TFormers Community

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

Review: War Within Prowl Titanium Figure

Recommended Posts

100A.jpg
The War Within series continues with 2 more exclusive figures, this time being featured at Toys R Us. Our first review will be for Prowl, the Autobot strategist. Check out both his pre-Earth modes by reading the review here

Appreciate the review, Cadogen. :thumb

 

I was on the fence about Prowl, but I think I'll hold off till it reaches clearance. Just doesn't look worth $20. Love his bio though, by pitting him against Shockwave with mindgames.

 

Will a Ti Grimlock review be coming up?

Clearance? I haven't seen these since I bought my own WW Grimlock and Prowl.

  • Author
Appreciate the review, Cadogen. :thumb

 

I was on the fence about Prowl, but I think I'll hold off till it reaches clearance. Just doesn't look worth $20. Love his bio though, by pitting him against Shockwave with mindgames.

 

Will a Ti Grimlock review be coming up?

 

Tomorrow :clap

Clearance? I haven't seen these since I bought my own WW Grimlock and Prowl.

:pfx

 

You wait too long and end up wanting one, the only places you'll find 'em are the secondary toy markets or Ebay! :tflaugh

Not a bad review, but there's a few errors in it. One, the shoulder cannons can come down a bit. There are tabs on them about half an inch above the elbow-like joint right behind Prowl's waist. These fit (loosely) into the space where his shoulders rotate into in vehicle mode. This makes the cannons somewhat lower, though still too spindly. Also, in vehicle mode, the white chest pieces pull apart from the center black piece, which it looks like you missed in the picture. This spaces things out a bit which minimizes the gap between the hood and cockpit pieces. IMO this is one of the better vehicle modes in the Titanium line; it's very unique. I look forward to your Grimlock review!

Appreciate the review, Cadogen. :thumb

 

I was on the fence about Prowl, but I think I'll hold off till it reaches clearance. Just doesn't look worth $20. Love his bio though, by pitting him against Shockwave with mindgames.

 

Will a Ti Grimlock review be coming up?

good luck with that... i've been looking for him and grimlock for a while and so far no luck. rpobably really low produtions numbers. if you see it grab it. if it makes clearance buy another and sell it for full price or higher to make up he difference. walmart ravage and rumble were on clearance and still go for twice their regular retail price on ebay.

I'm not sure how limited a run these may have... one of my TRUs got 2 cases (8 of each). The other one closer to me hasn't got anything yet -- but they also didn't get Soundwave when he was out, so I wouldn't be suprized if I never see it there.

 

But Prowl's shoulders and arms are way too big. They make him look like he's got a tiny little head. It throws of the balance. That, and that huge gap in alt mode... like an unfinshed cockpit. Not that good - especially for $20. Grimlock, however, is full of win. He just needs ball-jointed shoulders (which could be an easy fix).

  • Author
Also, in vehicle mode, the white chest pieces pull apart from the center black piece, which it looks like you missed in the picture. This spaces things out a bit which minimizes the gap between the hood and cockpit pieces.

 

I didn't like the look of the pulled out fenders, so I compacted them back in. It exposed the gap between the hood and the cockpit more.

It looks like there was a neat design involved at some point on this figure...

unfortunately it look like that design wasn't the one that made it to production stage.

 

I think the only WWI Fig that actually worked was Optimus.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Sign Up For The TNI Newsletter And Have The News Delivered To You!
SOCIAL NETWORKS

ToyNewsI MarvelousNews Tformers JediInsider
Entertainment News International (ENI) is the oldest, largest, and most popular news source for adult toy collectors (kidults) all around the world.

Get the scoop every day on all the popular culture action figures, comics, games, movies, toys, and more!

Contact and Support
Advertising | Submit News | Contact ENI | Privacy Policy


All images, trademarks, logos, video, brands and images used on this website are registered trademarks of their respective companies and owners. All Rights Reserved. Data has been shared for news reporting purposes only. All content sourced by fans, online websites, and or other fan community sources. Entertainment News International is not responsible for reporting errors, inaccuracies, omissions, and or other liablities related to news shared here. We do our best to keep tabs on infringements. If some of your content was shared by accident. Please Contact us about any infringements right away - CLICK HERE

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.