Moving Cross-Country, with a Collection

Mandingo Rex

This is why I move everything by hand. I'm very protective of my stuff and don't trust anyone else to jack around with it. I've moved cross-country several times, but every time I did all the work myself. Of course I understand this isn't possible for everyone. Just another reason to own a truck!

My family does the same. However in this case, a truck burning could happen to anyone even if they own and drive their own truck. The point is to get insurance as Mandigo Rex can testify to! I think the worst disaster for me was getting lazy on backing up all my rendering work from a 3 month span, only to have my hard drive fail permenantly. From then on I got OCD about backing up my work and also uploading copies to my private online server. You can never be too safe!

• Replies 25
  • Created
  • Last Reply

If I move I would move my stuff especially my G1s with me in my vehicle it wouldn't matter to me if i had to make several trips. But wow, I've never seen the pics.

Apparently the links expire. Check the first post again, I edited it.

The pics are not pretty, especially since they're so far gone that you can't make anything out. Somewhere in there, died a big mass of metal and plastic. :(

• 2 months later...

Mandigo Rex,

Man, am I sorry to hear what happened to you! My deepest condolensces; and my thanks to you. A sizeable portion of my collection consists of modified/kitbashed work, and I never really considered what would happen if something like that were to occur. Thank you for jolting me from my complacency. BTW, if you need parts, I think I may have a few spares lying around; let me know, and I'll see what I can scrounge up. It may not be much, but at least it could help.

-Robert

• 2 weeks later...

Archived