WST (Kabaya) Metroplex

Bobby Lemain

Oh, nice! I have one of those KO Metroplex figures from Might Gaine. The packaging was different though. Makes me wonder if it's a different production quality.

Is there any prepping you you had to do before you painted the figure?

Aoi

Man, if you doesn't told us that this is a modelkit, then I would guessed it as custom painted original. :tflaugh

It's that good! :thumb

Is there any prepping you you had to do before you painted the figure?
I'm still trying to think about how to get it on there cause the brown is hideous!

I found that my white and gray acrylics were going on as if i was painting with milk, so I kept layering the paint until I had 6 layers on the shoulder piece, then I gave up...and bought some white primer.

but I later realized that enamel doesn't loose its pigment soo easily when put over other colors, so besides the pieces I already primed, I just went straight up enamel and I had no worries. The only acrylics that seemed to stick were black, red, and over the primer. but even over the primer I had to use multiple coats. with the enamel, (i don't, but am planning to get) a bit of thinner would thin out the paint well enough to not cover up the detail. but all in all, I only had one coat of enamel, one coat of clear acrylic, then the icing on the cake (stickers).

a soak in a tub of dishwashing soap+water

and this is where preference gets involoved:

white acrylic primer+acrylic light colors

white acrylic primer+enamel

enamel

acrylic (dark)

a huge amount of layers of light acrylic colors

turned out i could just use enamel straight on then cover it with some clear acryli

=)

• 3 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...
Nice job!

Where did you get the labels tho?

And did you use chrome paint for the face and legs?

labels were made in MS-Paint and MS-word, printed onto CD label sheets, and covered with packaging tape

chrome paint is Alclad II

=)

Archived