bw the ascending issue 3

saberwolf

people i got a question

what's up with lio convoy's optics changing from their normaly gold yellow color to the light sky blue color

for that matter who is the scientist that lio refers to?

that whole optic color change affect has got me thinking lately.

was this version of lio convoy always a miximal from the beginning?

what i mean by that is this

did he exist in the time before the protoform upgrade as an autobot warrior?

and if so who was he originally.

me i figure the scientist could possibly be perceptor.

as for who lio convoy may have been originally well your guess is as good as mine

with those blue optics though the resemeblance he has to optimus prime is almost uncanny

what's up with lio convoy's optics changing from their normaly gold yellow color to the light sky blue colorp

probably just an error.

for that matter who is the scientist that lio refers to?

It's a cliffhanger. Who knows?

me i figure the scientist could possibly be perceptor.

I'm sure someother nonshow BW toy was classified as a scientist.

My guess, and going by the Sourcebook issues out so far: It's Bump. It says he's a money-hungry scientist, and Lio made a comment about ''for a price,'' so....

MY question: Is Don leaving?? If so, how come I've not heard this yet? His not-so-hidden messages in the panels where the heralds make me believe he is. "Goodbye everyone -Don" and "Thanx" kinda make me wonder. And worried. What's up?

• 2 weeks later...
My guess, and going by the Sourcebook issues out so far: It's Bump. It says he's a money-hungry scientist, and Lio made a comment about ''for a price,'' so....

MY question: Is Don leaving?? If so, how come I've not heard this yet? His not-so-hidden messages in the panels where the heralds make me believe he is. "Goodbye everyone -Don" and "Thanx" kinda make me wonder. And worried. What's up?

yep, he's taking a hiatus from Transformer comics.

Can't draw them all the time before you start getting burnt out on them.

Have no fear, Issue #4 is being penciled by the Italian Stallion Guido Guidi, the best TF artist currently imo.

I picked up #3 yesterday - and yeah, also noticed the eye colour change... I don't like it. First of all, Lio Convoy's never had blue eyes - not as the toy and not in the TV series. Secondly, even if they wanted to give him blue eyes for the comics, they should've done so from the very beginning. Seeing his eyes change colour midway through the book reeks of a colouring mistake - and not a one panel mistake, but a mistake that ran for several pages! How did the colourist and editor miss that?!? The only time Lio Convoy's eyes should change from yellow to blue is when he powers up to Flash Lio Convoy, which requires him to activate his Matrix - which we never saw Lio Convoy do in this issue. :/

I also suspect that the scientist may be Bump. t_bump012.jpg

got mine the other day... i liked it yeah the eye thing did bug me but i dont think it would ever put me off something. also it looks like the colours only go wrong on Mark Burchams pages but i supose that's just miss communication between people for ya

Archived