Classics Devastator kitbash

smuggles

I was disappointed with Classics Devastator's head mold, repetitious limbs (2 sets of matching bots, wtf?), and complete lack of a bulldozer.

The G1 head was unscrewed, then hollowed out, so that it could fit on top and slightly over the exisiting head. It stills in place, but is easily removed.

The black limb-connector was removed from the green crane. Only 4 screws hold the crane molds together. The connector (now attached to the dozer) was not altered so that it can be replaced at any time.

Spare parts from an unsued & disassembled Universe Scavanger attach the limb-connector to the underside of Universe BoneCrusher. It is a U-shaped piece that fit snuggly underneath all on it's own, but was modified to hold the black connector in place. The bulldozer has full shoulder articulation, is secure enough to hold poses, can separate, and transform!

To attach the G1 arm/fist, I did remove Universe Bonecrusher's hidden Devastator head (from inside the cabin), but that 4-bot version of Devastator royally-sucked and will not be missed. My originally plan, to attach the G1 arm/fist in a different location which didn't alter the dozer at all, had the arm too far off-center.

I only had the G1 RIGHT arm/fist handy, so hopefully that will be replaced soon.

Noice! I just got mine a day ago. Wonder what I'm going to do with my Energon Constructicons. ^_^ I already have a set plan for this set.

it's from the target constructs.

nice job, i have an extra bulldozer, i may use this idea. i had bought two and not only switched out bots for an all green dev, but switched and painted a few parts to differentiate the double bots.

man, if only e demolisher was the right green.

the only thing i see awkward is the length of the arm. anyway to rotate him and attach to the front instead of the back?

Yes, bulldozer Bonecrusher was from the previously released Target exclusive set.

The new arm is a tad long -- not quite gorilla-length, but close. I thought about shortening the G1 arm/fist section -- I don't want to alter the dozer at all, only the custom and add-on pieces. The arm could be moved higher & slightly inside the cabin. Also, it could be moved to a pre-existing peg-hole on the bottom of the dozer. Both of these alternative placements unfortunately also limit arm movement.

The pic doesn't illustrate the amount of articulation: aside from the normal up-down motion, the elbow can bend in towards the chest.

OH, I understand your suggestion now, ... flip the dozer so that the grey shovel faces down, correct? Hmmm....

Archived