Valkfan's custom Ironhide & Ratchet!

Valkfan

Very nice. I like both of those, especially compared to the standard Scion repaints (Ironhide's personality is way more in line with a pickup truck, even a ridiculous thing like the SRT-10, which is basically a sports car with a bed, and damnit, a Scion is too small to be an ambulance).

Are you planning on any more detail mods for Ratchet? I think some sort of emergency-themed decals might be a nice addition, even if they're something vaguely fictive; some kind of beach rescue design? That seems like the kind of place where a Jeep might be used as an emergency vehicle. You could even do that alternate transformation where you stick the robot feet out the back of the vehicle mode and call it a stretcher rest.

-hx

Yeah, the Scion is just too small for Ironhide. As it stands now, my Ironhide is the tallest, widest and most opposing Alternator I have as I think it should be with a badass like Ironhide.

As for Ratchet, this is my finished work. I'm not interested in creating emergency vehicles for my Alternator collection.

• Replies 76
  • Created
  • Last Reply
That Ratchet is exactly what I want to do, except for the new head because that is beyond my ability. I was thinking about throwing Alt Prowls head on a KO Hound. How bad is the quality of the KO? Also, what parts did you swap from Rollbar?

Edit: I just saw your post over at allspark about selling Ironhide's head. Are you selling the Ratchet Head too? and where can I get the KO Hound you used?

The KO Jeep has its good points but a lot of crappy parts that need to be swapped out. The only parts on my Ratchet that are still from the original KO Jeep are the following:

All white parts, the gray thighs and the upper and lower arms only. (Hands are from Rollbar) EVERYTHING else big and small is from Rollbar. Once all of the parts are swapped the quality improves dramatically.

Yes, I'm currently offering both of these Alt heads. My Alt Swipe head and Classics CJ head are still available as well.

For anyone interested in getting these or my other custom heads just PM me with your request.

nice job.

i would have went with a dark grey over the black, but it works too.

the only thing i'd change on ratchet would be red waist, hands, and head piece. but that's just my taste.

keep up the good work.

Yeah. I always thought that that mold would make a better Ironhide than anything.

Hi Valk,

I am not sure if you have received any of my PM's or e-mail in reference to the heads, but I have a money order for $24 ready to send to you for the heads. I just need your address.

Take care,

-Gregg

Hi Valk,

I am not sure if you have received any of my PM's or e-mail in reference to the heads, but I have a money order for $24 ready to send to you for the heads. I just need your address.

Take care,

-Gregg

For those who've PM'd me their request, I wasn't able to respond promptly because my computer crashed. I have a new computer and PM's have been sent to those wanting to order this set. Thanks.

RJ

• 3 weeks later...

post-8398-1180657273_thumb.jpgpost-8398-1180657289_thumb.jpg

post-8398-1180657297_thumb.jpgpost-8398-1180657309_thumb.jpg

post-8398-1180657320_thumb.jpg

Hi. I just wanted to say that Valkfan's custom Transformers heads are the real deal. I'm really impressed with the smooth sculpting on these guys and he is just a great guy to deal with. Here's some pictures of my Transformers using his work, I really appreciate him making these available.

Al

For those who've PM'd me their request, I wasn't able to respond promptly because my computer crashed. I have a new computer and PM's have been sent to those wanting to order this set. Thanks.

RJ

• 4 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...

Hello all. I just wanted to let everyone know that I still have these available to those interested. Also, I know I mentioned making an Alternator Brawn head to put on Rollbar but I'm about to start on an ALTERNATOR SOUNDWAVE, YES, SOUNDWAVE head for the Scion Mold! I think the color of the mold and the model itself would be good for a quick and easy headswap conversion.

I'm also trying to figure out how to connect reissue G1 Laserbeak and G1 Ravage to the Scion either in place of the bench seats or somehow plugging them in so they're hidden in vehicle mode. That's a little bit of a hassle but if I can do it, I'll keep you posted.

i love how all of us think alike, we just do the same idea differently, rock-on VF. keep up the good work. i just got my scion for my soundwave bash. hope to see yours too.

Archived