Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

TFormers Community

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

The War Within... animated?

Recommended Posts

Not too long back, I got an idea after watching the flash video presentation of The Last Days of Optimus Prime in which clips were used to make it look "animated."

 

The idea was this: why not try to do the same thing with a full comic book?

 

I've had a video editing program for a while (bought it for transfering vcr tapes to dvd) but hadn't really messed around with it, so this is my first attempt at video editing...

 

...but here is my "attempt" at doing just that... the first page of the War Within comic "animated" with music and sound effects: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KuHJR7Zmz04

 

As text size comes up rather small, ideally a "full" version would have to have voice actors, but thought I'd put up my idea and see if anyone had any ideas or if there was any interest...

  • Replies 25
  • Views 2.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Not bad, my only crit would be to make the sound FX as loud as or louder than the music that plays at the end. And yes, I agree with the idea of VA's.

  • Author

Yeah, I actually toned down the sfx to make it seem more like a video/commercial, but still give an idea that sfx could be used--with an actual"episode" the background music would be far in the background. That and I couldn't find a good transformer lazer blast sound for the first section without doing some ripping.

well i think i should warn you about copyright and stuff since im guessing you havnt asked IDW or hasbro if you could post this on the net they wont kill you for making it but your basicly publishing it for free with out thier consent and they could in theory sue for damages such as loss of income etc

  • Author

Well, that's the same as any fan work, really... its not being done for profit or anything, but yeah, they could still theoretically make life difficult. I'd hope they'd go after the folks posting the actual cartoons first though lol

looks pretty good, but needs a higher frame rate. If everything ran smoothly it would really help it out. As for your editing style it looks good so far.

 

but ya you might want to look into getting the publishers release before you get too hard and heavy into it.

 

I'm a 3D student and I made a 3D HoS Shockwave, but I plan on emailing images of the finished model to IDW before I actually put it into my portfolio that is online.

I was skeptical about the concept, but once I saw the video, I was sold. This idea definitely has a lot of potential.

  • Author

It'll be something that will improve with time (and software!). Right now I'm doing graduate school work (English Ed), plus two different pt jobs (Sylvan Learning & Petsmart), so it's not something that will happen anytime soon... but when I get a few free moments, I'll play around with it.

I like the song, whats it called?

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Sign Up For The TNI Newsletter And Have The News Delivered To You!
SOCIAL NETWORKS

ToyNewsI MarvelousNews Tformers JediInsider
Entertainment News International (ENI) is the oldest, largest, and most popular news source for adult toy collectors (kidults) all around the world.

Get the scoop every day on all the popular culture action figures, comics, games, movies, toys, and more!

Contact and Support
Advertising | Submit News | Contact ENI | Privacy Policy


All images, trademarks, logos, video, brands and images used on this website are registered trademarks of their respective companies and owners. All Rights Reserved. Data has been shared for news reporting purposes only. All content sourced by fans, online websites, and or other fan community sources. Entertainment News International is not responsible for reporting errors, inaccuracies, omissions, and or other liablities related to news shared here. We do our best to keep tabs on infringements. If some of your content was shared by accident. Please Contact us about any infringements right away - CLICK HERE

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.