Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

TFormers Community

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

Stormbringer TPB

Recommended Posts

First off as I mentioned in the post about the Energon series, Stormbringer was an excellent read. IDW has done nothing but amaze me with every release.

Now I do have a question to anyone that has read the series, especially those that bought the trade paper back. First off the copy that I have is the one with the wrap around cover of all the autobots and decepticons converging on thunderwing, and on the spine of the book it says Volume 2. Did I miss something? I know it ties into the Infiltration, and Escalation story line, but is this meaning that Escalation is volume 3?

 

Really I am just wondering if I missed something alltogether.

Well, issue one of Stormbringer has Optimus recieiving the pulsewave from Earth that was sent in issue 3 of Infiltration. Then in issue 4, we hear Megatron saying to someone "Yes, especially Cybertron". We see in Stormbringer that he's talking to Razorclaw about the revival and needed destruction of Thunderwing.

 

So those being the facts, and considering that sometimes in a story they go to another place and tell about something that's happening at the same time as something previously mentioned, it can get confusing as to where to place it when you're volumizing it.

 

So I'd officially put it at Volume 1.5, but being the case that it said Volume 2, I'm going to go ahead and assume that Volume 3 is going to be Escalation.

 

I have both all but Beast Wars: The Gathering in TPB. I love TPBs cause even though the downside is I have to wait to read the story, it's probably easier to save on space than buying the individual comics [considering there are at least two or three, or even four cover variants per issue, and then there are the retailer incentive ones, and then collector covers, add that up and it's more expensive and space using than the TPB for said story (arc)].

  • Author

That is what I thought, I guess we will just have to wait and see what # Escalation is when it comes out.

 

Thanks for the help.

 

Any idea about the Energon TPB, where they every released?

None that I know of. Part of the problem is, before they probably had a chance to produce one, Dreamwave went belly up :tfsad Shame too. I want more War Within.

  • Author

That is to bad, never read the energon comics, and I do agree with you I miss the War Within series, but I am very thankful for the Beast Wars one that IDW put out. Also Infiltration, Stormbringer, and the Devils Due stuff is really awsome.

IDW is/will be putting the War Within volumes out in trade, and they're working on being able to finish volume 3.

IDW is/will be putting the War Within volumes out in trade, and they're working on being able to finish volume 3.

Well, that's a relief. I never got to actually read a whole lot of War Within and really wanted to. Also never got to Volume 3 of Gen 1 Ongoing. Have it ordered through Amazon but it never came (and this was the one rereleased by IDW with Megatron on the cover).

 

Next in line for my TBPs, will be Escalation and Spotlight (both in June).

STormbringer's finnally out on TPB!? Crap, I find out about this the day after I spend the last of my extra cash. Go figure. Has there been any word on IDW taken over the DW storylines, other than that "they're trying"?

I picked up Stormbringer TPB before Spring Break, was a good read and will definitely pick up Infiltration to try IDW's verse out. Is Infilitration's TPB volume 1?

 

And does anyone know when War Within 1 TPB comes out in stores?

I picked up Stormbringer TPB before Spring Break, was a good read and will definitely pick up Infiltration to try IDW's verse out. Is Infilitration's TPB volume 1?

 

And does anyone know when War Within 1 TPB comes out in stores?

WWI vol 1 *might* already be out. I have one from dreamwave, so I didn't pay much attention to its release.

 

Infiltration is the first volume of IDW's continuity. It moves at a glacier's pace, too. If you don't like it, I'd still recommend you try stormbringer, escalation, or the spotlights. They're all much better.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Sign Up For The TNI Newsletter And Have The News Delivered To You!
SOCIAL NETWORKS

ToyNewsI MarvelousNews Tformers JediInsider
Entertainment News International (ENI) is the oldest, largest, and most popular news source for adult toy collectors (kidults) all around the world.

Get the scoop every day on all the popular culture action figures, comics, games, movies, toys, and more!

Contact and Support
Advertising | Submit News | Contact ENI | Privacy Policy


All images, trademarks, logos, video, brands and images used on this website are registered trademarks of their respective companies and owners. All Rights Reserved. Data has been shared for news reporting purposes only. All content sourced by fans, online websites, and or other fan community sources. Entertainment News International is not responsible for reporting errors, inaccuracies, omissions, and or other liablities related to news shared here. We do our best to keep tabs on infringements. If some of your content was shared by accident. Please Contact us about any infringements right away - CLICK HERE

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.