MP3 player Soundwave.

TMan978

^ u have a point. my guess it would have to work like an ipod shuffle. i own a sony ericsson w600i walkman phone n its convenient because of all of its features BUT the more feature u have the less talk time u get due to battery usage... 100 quid for a mp3 player...lets see, 50 quid for a mp3 player + a $50 tf... 75 mp3 + 25 toy... either way you look at it, its still somewhat better than getting an ipod shuffle. count me in :thumb

edit: i just hope they its released by botcon so i dont have to pay shipping :tflol

• Replies 37
  • Created
  • Last Reply
What they should've done is made the cassetticons with built-in memory sticks and you just plug in each cassetticon into Soundwave to play the music...

I'd be all over that like stink on a munky

That would have been a cool Idea.

I don't suppose there's any hope of this guy sporting internal speakers? If I'm going to drop 100 for an MP3-player I'll never use, it'd be nice if I could as least demonstrate its functionality to visiting admirers without digging out the headphone-jack-compatible speakers...

You guys are just too picky. Just think back to how much the Reissue Soundwave retail was at? $50 bucks and it doesnt actually do anything. How many times have fans been wanting a new Soundwave that does something? Also you guys need to learn to shop better. a 1gb micro sd card (whihc has a miniSD adapter with it) can be bought for as low as $10. and I dont mean no-name crap cards. Kingston had a sale at Frys and some online places. You jsut need to shop around. SD cards are the cheapest when compared to the other types like Memsticks.

I'd hate to call myself an "impulse buyer"... but, danmit, :redface I preordered both of those <"all of them" since Rumble and Frenzy count as two?> quite a while back and can't wait for the package to arrive. :clap Never owned an iPod/MP3 player and I've been tempted to buy one ever since a friend has pointed out some vehicle stereo systems support such technology and I can no longer stand "local" stations coming over the FM airwaves... :D

I see a bunch of good points brought up by fellow members about the mini SD cards and the fact batteries are going to have to be used. But, I'm going to have to get back to asking some more questions about that later though. What's foremost on my mind at the moment is this : what is up with the clear plastic on his front in Robo mode? Is THAT where the batteries are supposed to go? I kind of see an old resembalence to the tape deck area that way... but it kind of sways to "Matrix Holding Area" also since the "real" tape deck holding tray is now officially on his back. :lol Anybody know for sure why the "glass door" look?

N'kay, back to the SD cards: I'm not so much a techno geek when it comes to terms, so how many songs can fit upon a 4gb card? As such, how many songs does an iPod or an MP3 music player hold on it's own without upgrades ? As said earlier by buddykiller, finding cheap cards aren't too hard to find and, since it's just good sense for others out there to know what to look for, perhaps it'd be best to snatch up a few now before everybody goes hog-wild trying to gain as many as possible to use for their new collectors item toy. :schin

How miniature is "mini SD card" entailing? 1"? 1/2"? No bigger than a cell phone's sim card? Size people... sometimes it DOES matter! :D

Will a card that is used strictly for music automatically become formatted as such, or does it take an effort on the users behalf to set such an option up through a computer system? Reason this question is brought up is that if those who ordered mini SD's find out that Soundwave will likely have a wide enough storage unit internalized, will the card then still be able to be used for digital cameras and the such? Waste not, want not... :thumb

Onto the battery situation: who's to REALLY say that it's going to need an outside source for power... other than a wall charging unit? iPods are very slender items that have their own battery storage unit inside of themselves and require an outlet to plug them in for their charging. Why can that NOT be an option in this "somewhat" bulky, yet updated and miniature version of Soundwave? I do only see the port for the earphones though, who is to say that there won't be DRASTIC changes to the overall look since the images shown are kind of "proto" shots ? For one, I'm hoping that the power will be done using an already pre-installed battery system.

Hope this brings up some more serious discussions about this great looking toy/collectors item/MP3 player. I'll be lurking for the answers later and might chime in with more questions if they come forth...

You guys are just too picky. Just think back to how much the Reissue Soundwave retail was at? $50 bucks and it doesnt actually do anything. How many times have fans been wanting a new Soundwave that does something? Also you guys need to learn to shop better. a 1gb micro sd card (whihc has a miniSD adapter with it) can be bought for as low as $10. and I dont mean no-name crap cards. Kingston had a sale at Frys and some online places. You jsut need to shop around. SD cards are the cheapest when compared to the other types like Memsticks.

For $100, why are we buying seperate memory cards?

Archived