Labeouf Talks To Total Film Magazine About TF Movi

Peter_Van

I think you guys are being unnecessarily harsh. Instead of being happy that Shia consistently gives candid interviews that don't sound like promotional ads, you rip on him for it. Let's just be sure that you wouldn't come across as a dumbass in the same situation first before making that call about somebody else.

• Replies 30
  • Created
  • Last Reply
remember we had this discussion already- Hornet thinks that anyone who is worth anything would get a REAL job and not be an actor.

well then let me reverse my stance and say that to be a decent actor, one must at least have a medicrom of intelligence in order to make their roles believible.

well look, maybe i am a bit too hard on him but you can't really say that LeBouf is an eloquent speaker.

Again, not entirely true Hornet.

Or rather there are different kinds of "intelligence".

Anyway what i honestly get from Lebouf's interviews is a kid (19 & who still lives at home) who has prolly had plenty of formal training, and has had some modest success but is completely in over his head on this project.

Nothing professionally, physically, maturity-wise (er cant think of the word) prepared him for the demands of a Major Blockbuster project like this.

add to that a director who starts off the work day by saying - "I am going to Powerglide you up"

He mentioned in one of his interviews that this was the most stressful, and painful project he has ever been on. I dont doubt it.

He probably spained and broke things during the shoots, thats not uncommon on these movies, and its not the kind of thing that juliard or HOLES is going to prepare you for.

Working on a film like this is a different kind of acting. Even wel respected veterens like, Samjackson, sam Neil, Ewen Mcgregor, and er Qui-Gon, have made comments publicly about how difficult it is to act in this kind of environment.

And while George may sit there palcidly stroking his growing gungan sack beneath his beard, i am sure Bay is out there screaming and swinging a mace and chain (wrapped in green screen material of course) screaming at the actors "MOVE OR DIE PowerglideERS".

Cut the kid some slack.

Archived