Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

TFormers Community

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

TF shopping during Xmas

Recommended Posts

The past couple of times I've been at TRU I've had mothers asking me TF toy recommendations; one even asked me about SW:TFs. Has anyone else had this happen to them lately? If so, what have you recommended?

 

I've found myself recommending the Classics line (including 20th DVD Prime) as well as some of the Ultra Cybertron figures. I do feel for the kid of one mom who probably wanted a 2 pack minicon and was dissuaded by this TF fan to get a Classic Bumblebee instead :tflaugh

What are you doing when you get asked? I guess I just don't get it since I've never been asked.

 

Then again, I don't hang around long enough for them TO ask I suppose.

I talked this guy into buying Classics Megatron.

 

My main XMas shopping issues though is, not being able to buy every thing I see.

I will recommend what I would consider the most fun TF to play with that's on the shelf. I wouldn't recommend any of the Classics for the child if there are better Cybertron figures on sale, because remember that a large part of the Classics' appeal is the G1 nostalgia thing, which children wouldn't have.

 

You shouldn't recommend TFs based on what you would necessarily like, but on what you think their child might think would be really cool. Also when talking to a parent, value for money is also important.

 

I would most likely recommend Red alert. He's fun to play with - i.e.: poseable, good sculpt, nice colours, neat gimmicks (interchangeable arm-tools, key-activated spring-out weapons) and is a recognisable character from the A/E/C story arc which more kids can identify with - and is relatively inexpensive; these two factors combined representing good value for money.

 

If you compared this toy to Bumblebee, to a kid while the colour scheme isn't terrible, it's a bit bland (you'll notice that they've used more white and silver accents throughout the toy to spice it up from the colour scheme of the original Bumblebee), and although the robot mode is poseable (which has become fairly standard for TF robot modes today) there are no gimmicks or even accessories/weapons to play with and the character isn't recognisable from the A/E/C story arc. In fact, this would be Bumblebee's first appearance since G2 which ended 11 years ago.

I will recommend what I would consider the most fun TF to play with that's on the shelf. I wouldn't recommend any of the Classics for the child if there are better Cybertron figures on sale, because remember that a large part of the Classics' appeal is the G1 nostalgia thing, which children wouldn't have.

 

You shouldn't recommend TFs based on what you would necessarily like, but on what you think their child might think would be really cool. Also when talking to a parent, value for money is also important.

 

I would most likely recommend Red alert. He's fun to play with - i.e.: poseable, good sculpt, nice colours, neat gimmicks (interchangeable arm-tools, key-activated spring-out weapons) and is a recognisable character from the A/E/C story arc which more kids can identify with - and is relatively inexpensive; these two factors combined representing good value for money.

 

If you compared this toy to Bumblebee, to a kid while the colour scheme isn't terrible, it's a bit bland (you'll notice that they've used more white and silver accents throughout the toy to spice it up from the colour scheme of the original Bumblebee), and although the robot mode is poseable (which has become fairly standard for TF robot modes today) there are no gimmicks or even accessories/weapons to play with and the character isn't recognisable from the A/E/C story arc. In fact, this would be Bumblebee's first appearance since G2 which ended 11 years ago.

 

Untrue. He has his jetski/jetpack :thumb

 

 

Anyway, I do what I always do during this time of year. Keep my head down, get what I need and get out. And that applies to all shopping, not just TF's.

Anyway, I do what I always do during this time of year. Keep my head down, get what I need and get out. And that applies to all shopping, not just TF's.

Does that apply to chicks too?

:tflaugh

I've strongly reccommended they buy shelf warmers for their kids. :uh

there are no gimmicks or even accessories/weapons to play with

 

 

It turns from a robot into a car.

 

Best. Gimmick. Ever.

How often have you played with your Classics Bumblebee? I dunno about you, but when I play with mine, I gotta steal CYB Landmine's gun/launcher to lend to Bumblebee, cos it's yellow and kinda fits in Bumblebee's fist hole... although it's a bit loose, so if he doesn't any cool actions like jumping, he's liable to drop his gun in mid flight, which just ruins all those cool Matrix-style fight sequences I would do with him... damnit!!

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Sign Up For The TNI Newsletter And Have The News Delivered To You!
SOCIAL NETWORKS

ToyNewsI MarvelousNews Tformers JediInsider
Entertainment News International (ENI) is the oldest, largest, and most popular news source for adult toy collectors (kidults) all around the world.

Get the scoop every day on all the popular culture action figures, comics, games, movies, toys, and more!

Contact and Support
Advertising | Submit News | Contact ENI | Privacy Policy


All images, trademarks, logos, video, brands and images used on this website are registered trademarks of their respective companies and owners. All Rights Reserved. Data has been shared for news reporting purposes only. All content sourced by fans, online websites, and or other fan community sources. Entertainment News International is not responsible for reporting errors, inaccuracies, omissions, and or other liablities related to news shared here. We do our best to keep tabs on infringements. If some of your content was shared by accident. Please Contact us about any infringements right away - CLICK HERE

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.