Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

TFormers Community

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

ebay blocked at work now... anyway around it? ---ebay.com

Recommended Posts

How many times do you guys access ebay on average in a working day?? I'm bad!!!! got to be at least 12

  • Replies 22
  • Views 8.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I'm once or twice...yesterday I was on there buying all of the IDW Transformers Spotlight books I missed.

 

This site and ESPN.com are my 1 & 2 @ work websites to look at between projects.

My work have done the same - except they have blocked the word ebay from any url...

 

Any countries ebay can be logged into from anywhere - so if they block UK, try canada/germay etc :)

 

I do work moron... but during lunch, breaks... and a random surfing is allowed...

 

It's not blocked at my work... it's blocked at the downtown area where the whole state system gets it internet connection...

 

it's not the firewall guys here in the building... they log everything and don't care... it's the jerks downtown that are cuttin us out.

 

Well numbnuts, there is no need to justify your surfing to me! , I was just trying to help.

 

If you insist on getting out to ebay.com then leave your home PC on and tunnel out to it - maybe use VNC which can be used from a browser.

 

Ultimatly though - they blocked that site for a reason, so find out why 1st before you try to get past it.

And as decepticharge said - if they want it to stop, no amount of proxies / get arounds will beat them...

 

PS - I was a bit pissed off at being called a moron, but then i realised it takes one to know one - so at least I got company :P

My work have done the same - except they have blocked the word ebay from any url...

 

Any countries ebay can be logged into from anywhere - so if they block UK, try canada/germay etc :)

 

I do work moron... but during lunch, breaks... and a random surfing is allowed...

 

It's not blocked at my work... it's blocked at the downtown area where the whole state system gets it internet connection...

 

it's not the firewall guys here in the building... they log everything and don't care... it's the jerks downtown that are cuttin us out.

 

Well numbnuts, there is no need to justify your surfing to me! , I was just trying to help.

 

If you insist on getting out to ebay.com then leave your home PC on and tunnel out to it - maybe use VNC which can be used from a browser.

 

Ultimatly though - they blocked that site for a reason, so find out why 1st before you try to get past it.

And as decepticharge said - if they want it to stop, no amount of proxies / get arounds will beat them...

 

PS - I was a bit pissed off at being called a moron, but then i realised it takes one to know one - so at least I got company :P

 

Wow, what's up with the hate? wraithchild666 was only trying to help. :wtf

Its ok - the written word does not always convey whats meant.

(I'm hoping its a mistake! and I got over my pissed-offness in about 5 seconds)

 

It could be ebay addiction? :) lol (I got that!)

  • Author

wraithchild, I owe you an appology. I hit "quote" but on the wrong post... I meant to quote

"AFA G1's" post of "Try, I don't know, working??????"

 

didn't mean to call you a moron... and really didn't mean to call anyone a moron, but it was pretty stupid to say I don't work just cause I want to get out to ebay.

 

anyway, aside that, i get by going to ebay.ca... i just have to do a little work around.

 

oh, and there are thousands of people that use the internet system I am on... they want to keep the mass out of ebay... then they will just block all ebay ports...

 

you know.... looking back at my quote of you WC, it just doesn't make any sense my reply... kindof made me chuckle... sorry i pissed ya off.

Ya, I'm the moron! not you wraithchild. Anyway, some people can't take a joke. Hmm, ebay is probably blocked because the lackies at your work abuse all the freedom you have.

Set up sshd at home and open your port of choice on your firewall. Then use PuTTy to connect to your home internet from work and use the tunneling features of PuTTY to set up a local proxy on your work computer and direct your browser through that. If they have the default port 22 blocked outbound switch your config over to 443. If they're blocking based on header information there is a python script out there that will tack IE headers onto all of your packets (this will trick nearly all IAS proxy servers into letting the traffic through). If that doesn't work try an SSL VPN like OpenVPN and run it on port 443 and tack the IE headers on for good measure. If you're still blocked use pingtun. At least one of these methods will get you by 90% of corporate firewalls/proxies. If they catch you though you're probably fired, so use at your own risk.

 

Edit: BTW this will remove you from their log files completely except for the initial SSH/VPN call to your home.

  • Author

Sorry "AFA G1"... I appologize for calling you a moron as well. but don't assume anything... and if you are joking... put a smiley face or something in the post to communicate not ill words.

 

I talked to our firewall admin, and was talking about setting up a vpn to my home, but i'm not gonna worry about it. I have 4 more days until after the holidays and it'll be turned back on then.... at least i hope :\

yay group christmas (or to those of a politically correct or chrismas challeneged nature - Seasons) hugs!

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Sign Up For The TNI Newsletter And Have The News Delivered To You!
SOCIAL NETWORKS

ToyNewsI MarvelousNews Tformers JediInsider
Entertainment News International (ENI) is the oldest, largest, and most popular news source for adult toy collectors (kidults) all around the world.

Get the scoop every day on all the popular culture action figures, comics, games, movies, toys, and more!

Contact and Support
Advertising | Submit News | Contact ENI | Privacy Policy


All images, trademarks, logos, video, brands and images used on this website are registered trademarks of their respective companies and owners. All Rights Reserved. Data has been shared for news reporting purposes only. All content sourced by fans, online websites, and or other fan community sources. Entertainment News International is not responsible for reporting errors, inaccuracies, omissions, and or other liablities related to news shared here. We do our best to keep tabs on infringements. If some of your content was shared by accident. Please Contact us about any infringements right away - CLICK HERE

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.