Transformer video game

sideburn

okay people, we all know that we have been whining and bickering about the movie and all the details related to it but it's time to change gears now and take a look at a more pressing issue: the video game. not A video game THE video game. or even games. we WILL be geting another game that's related to the movie and we need to act early to head off anything that could turn a good game into another crapy movie tie-in/addaption.

it's needless to say we are going to get swamped with both good and bad toy rerleases both pre- and post-movie premiere so lets get proactive and not sit on our asses like the other fandoms. lets show the game developers what me want so the game is enjoyable and not another goofy movie game.

the same goes for the toys. but someone make anothe topic for that and leave this one for the inevitible video game.

here are my suggestions:

1. free roam maps/large maps

2. non-linear game play (more or less)

3. ActiVision and THQ are FORBIDEN from developing or publishing the Transformers: The Movie Video game. This is NOT a suggestion but is a ultimatum.

These developers are notorius for selling out to movie licences. They typicaly do half-assed jobs and do minimal to NO Control group testing Pre-general market release. these people have the "good enough"

mind set. They exceivly cut corners and are only in it for the cash. HASBRO, don't be fooled by these wolves in sheeps clothing! They are cons and scam artists! they are NOT in your best interests!! They WILL waste your money and time! YOU HAVE BEEN WARNED!

go with Atari, EA (Electronic Arts) or LA (Lucas Arts. It's a long shot, I know, but it's worth a try)

those people you can trust. EA has an excelent track record and is one of the best in the bussines. Atari is good as well. They delivered with the previous game and impresed many of us.(There I go again speaking for the rest of the fan community, for better or for worse... :roll )

Just be sure to tell them to ease up on the difficulty level a bit and to structure the plot a bit more. BUT KEEP THE FREE ROAM MAPS AND DRAW DISTANCE!! :thumb

anyone else with constructive coments?

and point out any good/bad developers too. I know I missed a few there.

(mods, DO NOT place this in gaming and tech. it belongs here. exposure perposes. but if you can get this thing sticky'd, I'd be in your enternal debt. Thanx. :D )

• Replies 30
  • Created
  • Last Reply
here are my suggestions:

1. free roam maps/large maps

2. non-linear game play (more or less)

3. ActiVision and THQ are FORBIDEN from developing or publishing the Transformers: The Movie Video game. This is NOT a suggestion but is a ultimatum.

go with Atari, EA (Electronic Arts) or LA (Lucas Arts. It's a long shot, I know, but it's worth a try)

those people you can trust. EA has an excelent track record and is one of the best in the bussines. Atari is good as well. They delivered with the previous game and impresed many of us.(There I go again speaking for the rest of the fan community, for better or for worse... :roll )

Just be sure to tell them to ease up on the difficulty level a bit and to structure the plot a bit more. BUT KEEP THE FREE ROAM MAPS AND DRAW DISTANCE!! :thumb

I agree with the style and free roam. Gimmie options and a thought out multiplay plus co-op senarios. MAke the game a joy to play. As well as choosing which side you play as.

Interactive environments are a must, especially on the 360 and anyother next gen console.

As to EA's flawless track record............Catwoman and Batman:begins would like a word wih you :P

P.S The Atari Tformer game was great, and it was a shame Atari/Melborne House lost the rights.

well look at EA's 007 bond games. THEY were pretty good! They usaly hit the mark but everyone misses once in a while.

well look at EA's 007 bond games. THEY were pretty good! They usaly hit the mark but everyone misses once in a while.

They had three and only one of them was good. The bulk of EA's games are pretty mediocre, but they do have a few stellar titles. Activision actually has a much better track record than EA, they just make a lot more licensed games so they have more notable misses.

They had three and only one of them was good. The bulk of EA's games are pretty mediocre, but they do have a few stellar titles. Activision actually has a much better track record than EA, they just make a lot more licensed games so they have more notable misses.

Oh it gets worse. A pity cause the Strike Series not to mention the Sports franchises where generally awesome.

EA's bond games go all the way back to Tomorrow Never Dies. add to that, Bond Racing, the 5 games on Ps2 and other systems, plus the World is not Enough.

way more than 3. Way more let downs :(

At least Activision's various subdivisions have done the freeroam in the past.

Oh it gets worse. A pity cause the Strike Series not to mention the Sports franchises where generally awesome.

EA's bond games go all the way back to Tomorrow Never Dies. add to that, Bond Racing, the 5 games on Ps2 and other systems, plus the World is not Enough.

I didn't realize they had the Bond license back then. I just knew about the three FPS Bond games they made during the PS2/Xbox gen.

I didn't realize they had the Bond license back then. I just knew about the three FPS Bond games they made during the PS2/Xbox gen.

you have missed nothing, but some of the most boring and annoying games ever (especially after Rare's Goldeneye)

Back to the TF:Movie game, I would love a create a bot/con feature for freeplay, online and multiplayer shenanigins.

I have just one suggestion.

The Autobots lose.

Evil triumphs.

And you, you no longer exist!

I like that.

But as for ActiVision, I think you're being a little unfair sideburn. I like some of their games. Their Fantastic Four game wasn't too bad. Although, I wish they had done Ultimate Spider-Man a little better by making it longer.

Also, what's wrong with linear game play. Most games follow a specific storyline unless their games like sports and racing etc. Games based on movies or stuff always have a linear format to them. The Zelda games, the games based on movies and TV series'. I kind of like it. It gives you a sense of where you're going and what the ultimate goal is.

Now, EA. I will admit that they're good at game making, I have all the Harry Potter games (god I feel so childish saying that). But they're not much better than a few of the other game makers out their IMO. I'm impartial as long as I get a decent game for a decent price.

LA will not do it because they do stuff that's only Star Wars (I haven't heard of any games that they've done outside of the Star Wars universe).

Another gaming company includes Konami. They've made games. Some of which are decent, and others not so much.

Also, make it on all playable formats:

PS2/3 Xbox 360, Wii, GameCube (which I have), Nintendo DS, GBA, PC/Mac (for those of us who prefer computer gaming to console gaming).

As for playing either side, well, that would provide a great base for linear game play. As either side you have to defeat the other. How you get there depends on the faction you've chosen to play as.

LA will not do it because they do stuff that's only Star Wars (I haven't heard of any games that they've done outside of the Star Wars universe).

They used to do a ton of games that had nothing to do with Star Wars, such as Monkey Island, Sam & Max, Outlaws, Full Throttle, Grim Fandango. Lately they've become nothing more than a publisher for Star Wars games though.

Archived