Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

TFormers Community

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

repaints/remolds as more Classics characters

Recommended Posts

ADDED 12/7:

I think that prototype we saw of the transforming game-console would make for a great Soundwave:

post-4419-1165526034.jpg

think about it: his minions could be game-cartridges popping out of the console...

ADDED 12/9:

Cybertron Defense Red alert with a remolded head as Classics Doubledealer

post-4419-1165689612.jpg

 

here are a few ideas I had about possible repaints of energon characters to widen the classic range (similar to the upcoming Buildtron repaint)

Cybertron Crosswise as Jazz(based on a real life color sheme for the bugatti veyron)

Energon Downshift as Wheeljack

Energon Energon Bruticus Maximus+limbs from other energon combiners as Bruticus (with a little remold for Swindle -> turn the crane into a missile lancher)

Armada Star-Saber and Jolt as the Micromaster Air Patrol

Armade Jetfire and Comettor as Galaxy Shuttle and Countdown

Cybertron Armorhide as Huffer

Energon Omega Supreme as Omega Supreme

Energon Optimus Prime as Menasor

Energon Insecticon as Bombshell

Energon Divebomb as Laserbeak

Energon Battle Ravage as Ravage

 

I lack the time, money and availabilty of most of these figures to make these into actual figures, but if anyone feels inspired by these, I'd love to see their take on them

 

~AP

PS: these are all from the instructions from Hasbro's site

  • Replies 35
  • Views 4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

we got a BotCon lazerbeak...

i'd have to see more changes to ravage from the original befor id by it

  • Author
we got a BotCon lazerbeak...
i'd have to see more changes to ravage from the original befor id by it

I addressed both of these in my original post: :redface

here are a few ideas I had about possible repaints of energon characters to widen the classic range (similar to the upcoming Buildtron repaint)

[bombshell]

I know there was a similar repaint as one of the exclusives of BotCon, but I didn't like the color-scheme there. I think this one is more 'Laserbeak'

[laserbeak]

This might actually be too close too the original:

[ravage]

Off course, I'd prefer for hasbro to make an updated version of Soundwave including the above two as his casseticons, but I think these wouldn't look bad if we never get 'real' classic versions

 

~AP

PS: these are all from the instructions from Hasbro's site

And not everyone was able to get the BotCon version (not that I wanted that one), especially people like me who don't live in the US

 

~AP

LOVE the Bombshell repaint. :clap

I'm with you, here where I am, we only have transformerscon or whatever they call it and the xclusives have little to be desired.

If I'm not mistaken isn't the new Soundwave reissue supposed to be a part of the Classics line? I mean correct me if I'm wrong but that's how it sounded to me.

And not everyone was able to get the BotCon version (not that I wanted that one), especially people like me who don't live in the US

 

~AP

I'm not a fan of ruining 'exclusivity' just because people don't want to pony up and go to the 'con. They have to keep some sort of incentive.

Back on topic...

 

I hate to say it, but I would never buy a Bombshell repaint of Insecticon, mainly because I simply hate Insecticon. Well, okay, I don't hate it, but it was a serious let-down in terms of poseability and such.

 

So the only way I'd buy a Bombshell repaint of Insecticon is if it was $3.99 at my local Dollar General.

  • 3 weeks later...
  • Author

I came up with a few others:

Cybertron Armorhide as Classics Huffer:

post-4419-1162577271.jpg

Energon Omega Supreme as Classics Omega Supreme:

post-4419-1162577283.jpg

Energon Optimus Prime as Classics Menasor:

post-4419-1162577294.jpg

I got the idea for the menasor from the upcoming legends repaint, but this way, he is somewhat of a combiner...

 

What do you guys think?

~AP

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Sign Up For The TNI Newsletter And Have The News Delivered To You!
SOCIAL NETWORKS

ToyNewsI MarvelousNews Tformers JediInsider
Entertainment News International (ENI) is the oldest, largest, and most popular news source for adult toy collectors (kidults) all around the world.

Get the scoop every day on all the popular culture action figures, comics, games, movies, toys, and more!

Contact and Support
Advertising | Submit News | Contact ENI | Privacy Policy


All images, trademarks, logos, video, brands and images used on this website are registered trademarks of their respective companies and owners. All Rights Reserved. Data has been shared for news reporting purposes only. All content sourced by fans, online websites, and or other fan community sources. Entertainment News International is not responsible for reporting errors, inaccuracies, omissions, and or other liablities related to news shared here. We do our best to keep tabs on infringements. If some of your content was shared by accident. Please Contact us about any infringements right away - CLICK HERE

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.