Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

TFormers Community

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

MP Starscream color comfirmed

Recommended Posts

This is 100% speculation, but perhaps the MP Convoy designers weren't happy with how the vehicle mode turned out and decided to really focus on it the next time around.

 

just a little speculation

See, I could believe that if it wasn't for the whole "accept designs and allow them to get into full blown proto and then release images to the world" thing.

well... the fact of the matter is, we don't know how old those original proto pics were. Obviously Takara wants to have something to show the fans before a final product is ready, since just telling them "hey we're making Figure X and he's really cool even though you can't see him for the next six months" is kinda lame. Maybe MP Starscream was being revised at the time Takara released the initial pictures. Who knows. *We* don't, that's for sure. We're just assuming and guessing.

 

But.... you know, I get that you're feeling a lot of angst over this figure. And nothing is going to make that go away for you. I'm sorry about that, I really am. Because I think your angst is preventing you from appreciating a really great figure. And it's also causing you to restate the same point over and over and over again... I just hope that you'll be able to look at this figure with fresh eyes someday and realize just how great he is.

 

 

after he's sold out

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

...I kid, I kid...

  • Replies 380
  • Views 32.8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

the latest pic has backed up the idea of him being a Binaltech, the closeup in the top right corner shows 1 articulated index finger and a somewhat moveable block for the other 3 :P

anyway if this isn't enough of a G1 likeness for you.... then wow

 

The first mold was G1 enough for me, this one is way too different, and different is bad. (Yes, I'm kidding...)

 

the thing I don't get about Hasbro's comment is that they also said that Takara takes the lead regarding MP figures. So.... whose idea was MP Starscream, anyway?

 

Total speculation, but I'm thinking the "first mold" was what Takara was going to do as a Masterpiece and the "second mold" was something Hasbro drew up for Alternators. Takara liked the Hasbro version better and since they were pretty much done doing Binaltech molds they tweaked it into a "masterpiece".

 

True or not it doesn't help my position on it, but maybe that was what Hasbro wanted! (Conspiracy! :eek )

 

Emerje

 

(I must be tired, I'm trying to be funny...)

Maybe MP Starscream was being revised at the time Takara released the initial pictures. Who knows. *We* don't, that's for sure.

You're right, we don't know.

 

But there are things we do know.

 

We do know that the first mold was the original, in terms of the two molds.

We do know tha Takara were happy to release proto and design images.

We do know, from experience, that Takara don't usually release multiple detailed images of a toy they plan to heavily modify.

So we do know that this move is an uncharacteristic one.

 

We also know that Transformers haven't been selling as well lately in Japan, where conventional mech such as macross have.

And we know that at some point someone made changes to the original design, and that Takara made sure we knew it was Kawamori Shoji.

And we know that the changes have made the figure unmistakably his, more like his other mech designs.

 

We know he has a huge following, and we know that Transformers fans are going to have to compete with all of his fanboys to get this Starscream figure.

 

We do not know that Takara had one intention and then sacrficied that for mass appeal and selling on the strength of a designer.

But it would make sense.

 

Especially as we do know that Takara have done this with the Binaltech line which dedicates 80% of the box to an accessory because they are selling them on the strength of the artist who designed the figures.

 

Oh, and even if I were right, it wouldn't change anything; I'd still not be getting "my version" and Takara's policy is what it is, regardless of why they went for it, so it's not about my feelings on this figure.

 

It's about the direction, about slowly turning Transformers into standard japanese mech.

 

And it's also causing you to restate the same point over and over and over again...

Yes, on some points, I do repeat myself.

That's because the new mold isn't as G1 as the old and so on.

 

It remains a factor because the old mold exists, you can't undo that.

So on the actual figure, yes that will always be a point, one that will come up again and again and again.

 

If I'm not mistaken, you liked the first but said you were not going to buy it, therefore it wasn't really something that factors into your view of the new one.

 

But me, I'm the other way around.

I'm indifferent to the new mold. You can tell me it's so realsitic and detailed, but to me a model plane would be more detailed and realsitic.

I don't have one because I don't want one.

Same with the complexity of it

That means nothing.

If it did I wouldn't love G1 Bumblebee et al.

 

All I care about is that it represents a chararcter I love as accurately as possible.

The first mold and classic Starscream do a better job at that.

 

The one thing you've failed to grasp as your wow's show is how people can not like this mold.

It's nothing to do with the level of G1 fanboyism or closed mindedness to change.

It's simple; they do not buy toys for the same reasons you do.

 

The first mold was G1 Starscream brought to life.

The second one was just a toy.

Maybe MP Starscream was being revised at the time Takara released the initial pictures. Who knows. *We* don't, that's for sure.

You're right, we don't know.

 

But there are things we do know.

 

We do know that the first mold was the original, in terms of the two molds.

We do know tha Takara were happy to release proto and design images.

We do know, from experience, that Takara don't usually release multiple detailed images of a toy they plan to heavily modify.

So we do know that this move is an uncharacteristic one.

 

We also know that Transformers haven't been selling as well lately in Japan, where conventional mech such as macross have.

And we know that at some point someone made changes to the original design, and that Takara made sure we knew it was Kawamori Shoji.

And we know that the changes have made the figure unmistakably his, more like his other mech designs.

 

We know he has a huge following, and we know that Transformers fans are going to have to compete with all of his fanboys to get this Starscream figure.

 

We do not know that Takara had one intention and then sacrficied that for mass appeal and selling on the strength of a designer.

But it would make sense.

 

Especially as we do know that Takara have done this with the Binaltech line which dedicates 80% of the box to an accessory because they are selling them on the strength of the artist who designed the figures.

 

Oh, and even if I were right, it wouldn't change anything; I'd still not be getting "my version" and Takara's policy is what it is, regardless of why they went for it, so it's not about my feelings on this figure.

 

It's about the direction, about slowly turning Transformers into standard japanese mech.

 

And it's also causing you to restate the same point over and over and over again...

Yes, on some points, I do repeat myself.

That's because the new mold isn't as G1 as the old and so on.

 

It remains a factor because the old mold exists, you can't undo that.

So on the actual figure, yes that will always be a point, one that will come up again and again and again.

 

If I'm not mistaken, you liked the first but said you were not going to buy it, therefore it wasn't really something that factors into your view of the new one.

 

But me, I'm the other way around.

I'm indifferent to the new mold. You can tell me it's so realsitic and detailed, but to me a model plane would be more detailed and realsitic.

I don't have one because I don't want one.

Same with the complexity of it

That means nothing.

If it did I wouldn't love G1 Bumblebee et al.

 

All I care about is that it represents a chararcter I love as accurately as possible.

The first mold and classic Starscream do a better job at that.

 

The one thing you've failed to grasp as your wow's show is how people can not like this mold.

It's nothing to do with the level of G1 fanboyism or closed mindedness to change.

It's simple; they do not buy toys for the same reasons you do.

 

The first mold was G1 Starscream brought to life.

The second one was just a toy.

That was a haiku!

 

a ghey one

 

are you seriously telling me that you're going to keep bitching about this for all time?

 

*deletes the internet*

are you seriously telling me that you're going to keep Starscreaming about this for all time?

 

*deletes the internet*

They could always release it... :P

 

Seriously though, the issue is unlikely to go away (though I may on this when I get bored).

 

First people will Starscream some more then it gets released, a little more Starscreaming, then we get the first kitbash, then it starts up again, perhaps stronger if the kitbash looks good enough...

Isn't "getting over it" an option, like ever? Jeebus, I was disappointed in Titanium Megatron but I'm not going on about it for all time or anything. You deal with it, you know?

Actoys.net boards has a new scan of SS, possibly the coolest pic yet, showing the different face options and a super hi-res image

 

Check it.

 

Good day for SS, no?

the link doesn't work :tdown

Isn't "getting over it" an option, like ever?

Notices your sig...

 

It's been what? 10 years now?

huh? are you talking about the Star Wars DVDs? the point of my sig is "I like Star Wars", you know.... nothing beneath the surface there

 

but since you mention it:

 

G1 is the TF equivalent of the original SW trilogy. MP Starscream is the TF equivalent of Medicom's Real Action Heroes Darth Vader, which came out a couple of years ago. There's a big difference between something from your childhood getting tampered with, and a dissatisfactory latter-day homage to that thing from your childhood.

 

And every time I look at MP Starscream, the complaints of people who STILL don't like him sound more and more shrill and petulant. It's almost to the point of being ridiculous.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Sign Up For The TNI Newsletter And Have The News Delivered To You!
SOCIAL NETWORKS

ToyNewsI MarvelousNews Tformers JediInsider
Entertainment News International (ENI) is the oldest, largest, and most popular news source for adult toy collectors (kidults) all around the world.

Get the scoop every day on all the popular culture action figures, comics, games, movies, toys, and more!

Contact and Support
Advertising | Submit News | Contact ENI | Privacy Policy


All images, trademarks, logos, video, brands and images used on this website are registered trademarks of their respective companies and owners. All Rights Reserved. Data has been shared for news reporting purposes only. All content sourced by fans, online websites, and or other fan community sources. Entertainment News International is not responsible for reporting errors, inaccuracies, omissions, and or other liablities related to news shared here. We do our best to keep tabs on infringements. If some of your content was shared by accident. Please Contact us about any infringements right away - CLICK HERE

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.