Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

TFormers Community

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

Energon EP3

Recommended Posts

I love Tidal Wave and how he constantly repeats his name. Also I had no idea that Scorponok was so huge. I also like that Optimus doesn't take any sass. This show is getting better.

  • Replies 24
  • Views 1.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Author

Well put Shockwave, I agree 100%!

 

And I to can't figure out why they edited the show! Unless the dialoged is different and didn't fit what was shown.

I love Tidal Wave and how he constantly repeats his name. Also I had no idea that Scorponok was so huge. I also like that Optimus doesn't take any sass. This show is getting better.

:pfx Optimus does not take sass from anyone, that is a side I know I have not seen.

:thumb

 

As for Tidalwave I would've like to see him do more physical contact the way Devastator use to CRUSH things in his path. :tfevil

 

I am impressed by the CG use, storywise however is too slow, terribly simple... could stand more character development. There is little suspense, a part of me can see how people could careless about the entire Energon series. There is no reason for them to care. So far I could care less about Ironhide, Kicker, his stupid sister, Hotshot, Jetfire etc.

 

Time will tell if it improves.

:tftounge

Forgot to mention, I was not impressed with Skorpinok at all. :redface :tfmad

I have a feeling things get kicked into high (er) gear after ep 6 from what I see from the screen caps

There is little suspense

You saw suspense??? The show is rather weak...but it’s not the stories or plot that kills me (though the stories and plot are very sad). The characters are what really kill me, there is just so much going wrong with them…from kicker who makes me long for Fred, to cyclones who just seems like a trigger happy moron…how did he get into the decepticon army???

 

It’s really kinda sad, because I really liked the first episode….but I just can’t connect with show….I hope I do, but I don’t see that happening any time soon. Thank fully the figures are for the most part really cool.

This new TF series kicks some serious ass. The amount of action and plot is very refreshing. And that's pretty good I think considering I'm a G1 fan and haven't really liked any of the shows since Beast Wars, which was mainly good for me because the writing and plot development was good.

I also like the whole Tidal Wave/Devastator comparison, which is right on the money if you ask me. The characters in this show are written really well. I like how Hot Shot and Jetfire are now part of the higher chain of command and can take charge in the battles, and that Optimus Prime doesn't take backtalk from his new recruits, but also recognizes them for their efforts in battle. While I'm on this train of thought I will also add that I didn't like Ironhide at first, but after this episode my opinion of him really changed. I see more of the old G1 Ironhide in his character than I thought possible when he was willing to sacrifice himself for the safety of the humans and omnicons. I would like to see more of Inferno though.

The other thing I wanted to point out was there was one change to this episode when you compare it to the japanese version. There was a scene cut from the american version. This scene takes place before the battle. Tidal Wave lands and transforms from his battleship mode to robot, where some random autobots are talking (I think) to Tidal Wave. It looks like he fools them into thinking he's not a threat, and as soon as they're convinced, he wipes them out. I thought it was a cool sequence. I don't know why the american editors cut it out.

Also, as far as the Megs/Galvy thing is concerned, he's Megatron in the US version and Galvatron in the Japanese version.

The last thing I wanted to mention was that I think Energon has the best line of figures since G1. I'm not mentioning Masterpiece Prime or the Alternators because they're purely for the collectors, really. I think Energon has done the best job of combining the look of G1 with the poseability and features of the later BW, RID and Armada figures. Sure, there are some crap figures, but that happened in G1 as well (the Jumpstarters, Battlechargers or Quickswitch, to name a few.).

 

Wow, I really didn't intend on this post to turn into an essay contest! :tflaugh1 Anyway, I hope the TV show and the toyline will continue be this impressive in the future.

Well said, man! :thumb

 

I also appreciate the TW=Devastator concept. It fits him. Thus far, I haven't been disappointed with Energon. yes, Kicker is a bit annoying at times, but at least he isn't the five brats from Armada crying about everything. Hotshot and Jetfire seem to have really grown up and matured. That's cool. And Ironhide is beginning to grow on me as well.

 

As to comments on Cyclonus being a gun crazy idiot, can you say, "cannon fodder"? Plus, he's a good shock troop: flying into the middle of everything and scattering the enemy. Good tactical move.

"I also appreciate the TW=Devastator "

 

Heh, I set a new fan standard.

 

"As to comments on Cyclonus being a gun crazy idiot, can you say, "cannon fodder"? Plus, he's a good shock troop: flying into the middle of everything and scattering the enemy. Good tactical move"

 

I just wonder if he will get a reformat. I know Demolisher is...though going from a tank to a dumptruck?

I just wonder if he will get a reformat. I know Demolisher is...though going from a tank to a dumptruck?

I suspect Cyclonus will be changed as well. I never thought I'd say this, but I actually like the original Demeolishor mold from Armada better. That dumptruck look just didn't appeal to me. I'll reserve final judgement until Remy does a gallery.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Sign Up For The TNI Newsletter And Have The News Delivered To You!
SOCIAL NETWORKS

ToyNewsI MarvelousNews Tformers JediInsider
Entertainment News International (ENI) is the oldest, largest, and most popular news source for adult toy collectors (kidults) all around the world.

Get the scoop every day on all the popular culture action figures, comics, games, movies, toys, and more!

Contact and Support
Advertising | Submit News | Contact ENI | Privacy Policy


All images, trademarks, logos, video, brands and images used on this website are registered trademarks of their respective companies and owners. All Rights Reserved. Data has been shared for news reporting purposes only. All content sourced by fans, online websites, and or other fan community sources. Entertainment News International is not responsible for reporting errors, inaccuracies, omissions, and or other liablities related to news shared here. We do our best to keep tabs on infringements. If some of your content was shared by accident. Please Contact us about any infringements right away - CLICK HERE

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.