What happen to the disguise

mallomm

Alternators are awesome, there is no getting around it. Using todays cars, with the G1 characters is a stroke of genius. I have no problem with energon. And I do agree with the licensing theory....do you know how much they had to pay to make a dodge viper? Lots of $$$$

• Replies 26
  • Created
  • Last Reply

At least armada Smokesreens head turned round.

I miss the 8+ transformers :tfsad

I think it was more of a dumming down affect to get to younger kids. the easier the transformation the more of them the younger kids will want.  When The R.I.D. transformers came out I found it a little hard to transform them with out going to the instructions.  Especially when it came to Omega Prime.  When Transformers first came out in the 80's the age was 8 and up now if you look at the Transformers for now its 6 and up.  Theirs your reason for the head showing

P.S. Why Does Omega Supreme look like the SDF-1 ?

I never thought that Omega Supreme looked like the SDF-1.

Here, take a look:

DSCN5236__scaled_500.jpg

the alts are just awesome, finally in the history of our fav robots in disguise an accurate car mode with relatively accurate robot modes. even though we all know the differences in the robots, they are still damn cool!

as well, can anyone post the link for instructions on how to put sideswipes hood on his chest? i like that mod.

:tfevil

I think it was more of a dumming down affect to get to younger kids. the easier the transformation the more of them the younger kids will want.  When The R.I.D. transformers came out I found it a little hard to transform them with out going to the instructions.  Especially when it came to Omega Prime.  When Transformers first came out in the 80's the age was 8 and up now if you look at the Transformers for now its 6 and up.  Theirs your reason for the head showing

Here, take a look:

DSCN5236__scaled_500.jpg

I can see how someone would find them similar.

I dont think they look alike either, and what was up with the whole my right arm is a car fender thing in RID.

I dont think they look alike either, and what was up with the whole my right arm is a car fender thing in RID.

I agree.

I really didn't like the transformers in RID. They reused crappy BW molds for villians (a frop, flying squrial, and skunk, and only the skunk was threating b/c of its smell). The shark was cool, but he was a crappy charecter in the cartoon. I was not to fond of Prime being a firetruck (which I have gotten over). The only reason that I accepted the gurilla in BW was the fact that he was not Prime, but a decendent. The car-bros had crappy robot modes. it was like a person was floded up inside a car. different, but not my cup of tea.

Yeah, but what was the post about again? :redface

Here, take a look:

DSCN5236__scaled_500.jpg

It's because Omega's left arm looks like the Daedalus, the carrier that serves as the right arm of the SDF-1. Good observation! But the rest doesn't look like it, though.

As for the main subject: vehicles in Transformers no longer looking like they could pass for real vehicles, you'll notice that in RID, the autobots had vehicles that were fairly convincing in most cases(not all, obviously.) Armada and the last one throw me for a loop though. I'd really like it if they came out with an all-new g1 series, using the animation from energon. But that's my opinion: opposing viewpoints are welcome.

The accurate vehicles have always been my favorite. I mark the decline of G1 with the introduction of Hot Rod, Kup, Blurr and Springer (no realism, no rubber tires and the decline of diecast parts).

That is why I came back to collecting with RID. Ofcourse slapping a whooping Autobot Symbol on a realistic car doesn't do much good for disguise either. (best example Walmart Exclusive Universe Prowl & Sideburn)

Realism is why Binaltech/Alternators are the best line currently being made.

Archived