SWTF

CANNABIS PRIME

As an old fart I'd have to say 'I'm loving the concept of this line!' :luv

It was Star Wars that made robots popular! after all in the 70s the most you got to see was the occasional godakin or shogun warrior, and the most you got to see on tv was recycled 50s/60s cardboard robot suit crap!

Most of us older fans know full well that the transformers series (original) was a loose rip off of starwars, so it's fantastic to see the two coming together, true some of the desighns arn't the best but for me the line is a fun thing to look foward to  :bounce

Uh, as an "older fan" I do not know full well that Transformers was a loose rip off Star Wars.  In no way were the two evern remotely related other than actually having robots in the stories. 

This particular idea is possibly the worst thing to happen to Transformers in the history of the line.  Well, sorry, that really was the Built to Rule thing.  So, OK, the second worst thing to happen to the line.  Star Wars mixed with Transformers is a bad idea to begin with, but to then make the ships turn into robot versions of the ships' pilots?  Absolute tragedy!  Ungodly cheesiness!

• Replies 31
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Not loving the jedi starfighter (obiwan/anakin) mold and so am baffled as to why they wanted to use it twice as it's obviously the weakest of the bunch. (luke a close second) The bad guys rock though! When we first saw the list of 12 that weer to be released I was hoping they'd all be unique molds (and that obiwan would be from the fighter he has in AOTC) but I can see we're going down the traditional hasbro repaint line once again. Pity really as the vehicles are very good and (to be fair) it can't be easy to get them to transform into exact likenesses of the charcters.

Uh, as an "older fan" I do not know full well that Transformers was a loose rip off Star Wars.  In no way were the two evern remotely related other than actually having robots in the stories. 

This particular idea is possibly the worst thing to happen to Transformers in the history of the line.  Well, sorry, that really was the Built to Rule thing.  So, OK, the second worst thing to happen to the line.  Star Wars mixed with Transformers is a bad idea to begin with, but to then make the ships turn into robot versions of the ships' pilots?  Absolute tragedy!  Ungodly cheesiness!

Oh I absolutely agree. I will probably get on of these for my nephew just to see what they are really like, but otherwise, I will certainly be waiting for clearence.

I don't know why, but I just can't get interested in these figs.

(...)

Like I say, they look bad because they look fat.

Lets not forget how many early pics of "Transformers" look fat but end up looking just fine once you have them in your hands...

For my part - i am gonig to have to wait til they hit the shelves and see how i feel.

Hunter

As an old fart I'd have to say 'I'm loving the concept of this line!' :luv

It was Star Wars that made robots popular! after all in the 70s the most you got to see was the occasional godakin or shogun warrior, and the most you got to see on tv was recycled 50s/60s cardboard robot suit crap!

Most of us older fans know full well that the transformers series (original) was a loose rip off of starwars, so it's fantastic to see the two coming together, true some of the desighns arn't the best but for me the line is a fun thing to look foward to  :bounce

You are obviously EXTREMELY CLUELESS!! ,the TF/SW connections have been well understood throughout the fandom  :tard

in case you havent noticed the robot modes are a homage of the pilots not FLESH FACED !  :wtf

I accept the fact that the forms are not perfect and understand they are not to everyones liking but given the 'licencing restrictions' on the property I have to say they have done quite well  :thumb

stop your Starscreaming and try to be more constructive with your comments :tfmad

Archived