Why no more upcoming BT release dates announced?

Sentinel

Many sites have the release dates of the upcoming BT and BTA figures up months in advance, but for some reason, after BT Skids and BTA Broadblast, there are no more announced dates for upcoming figures.

We all know that BT Prime and BT Mirage must be on the way, despite the fact that they have not been officially announced by Takara yet, so why no projected release dates? Also the Wild Rider/Black Widow/whatever remold of Overdrive is supposedly still in the works, so why no date on that one at least? Is it because of the acquistion of Takara by Tomy or some other reason?

I am very much looking forward to BT Skids, but after that I might just start freaking out if I can't get a good BT fix (and boy I promise you that BT Mirage will cure that!!!). Does anyone either have a theory as to why there are no more announced release dates, or actually know of the intended release dates?

I need my BT fix!!!

• Replies 28
  • Created
  • Last Reply
dates, or actually know of the intended release dates?

I need my BT fix!!!

Takara tend to play their cards very close to their chest where BT releases are concerned.

Once Skids and Broadblast are out, we may hear something on Black Widow, or any other repaints due.

Odds are BT versions of Prime and Mirage won't appear until a little before the Alt versions at the earliest.

The next Alts after Skids/Sunstreaker/Tracks re-release appear to be Ricochet and Rollabar.  Bear in mind that Jan/Feb are usually quiet monthts for toy releases anyway.

So, it's a combination of the post xmas lull and Takara generally being quiet about future BT's.

I need my BT fix!!!

Takara tend to play their cards very close to their chest where BT releases are concerned.

As I recall, on average the announcement for a new BT is usually around three months in advance.  I think that this will mean late Spring before we see one of the new molds.  The "Black Widow" S2000 repaint might show up before this (plus other BTA releases might also pop up).  Ricochet and Rollabar are Hasbro's way of having some new product for the Alt line during this extended lull.

I really want to know what the deal is with Takaracharge. I've been thinking about getting BT Overdrive, but I don't like the mold as much.

I've actually grown to appreciate that mold more now, after I got Decepticharge. 

Anyhoo, who is Rollabar and Richochet?  Any pics??

I really want to know what the deal is with Takaracharge. I've been thinking about getting BT Overdrive, but I don't like the mold as much.

I've actually grown to appreciate that mold more now, after I got Decepticharge. 

Anyhoo, who is Rollabar and Richochet?  Any pics??

Rollbar = orange Jeep repaint (yes, "orange")

Ricochet = black Impreza repaint (despite originally being a repaint of Jazz)

My prediction. Everyone will complain about Ricochet becuase he'll be loosey goosey won't fit right fubar'd.

They should have went with Mazda Ricochet cause they'll (literally) break the Subaru mold...

I need my BT fix!!!

As I recall, on average the announcement for a new BT is usually around three months in advance.  I think that this will mean late Spring before we see one of the new molds.  The "Black Widow" S2000 repaint might show up before this (plus other BTA releases might also pop up).  Ricochet and Rollabar are Hasbro's way of having some new product for the Alt line during this extended lull.

That is my point. I am used to hearing about releases way ahead of time and then having a list of pre-ordered BTs that will be coming. After Skids and Broadblast, there are no more pre-orders, and I find that strange. Plus the fact that we find out the release date months in advance means that we will see no new BTs (new mold or even repaint) until at least this spring. I hope that Takara is not losing interest so much that they no longer care about releasing BTs regularly.

I am surprised that no one has a pre-order for either Prime or Mirage, b/c once those go up that still means months of waiting time before release. As I stated, I need my fix, and I don't know what to do for the next 6 months or more.

My prediction. Everyone will complain about Ricochet becuase he'll be loosey goosey won't fit right fubar'd.

They should have went with Mazda Ricochet cause they'll (literally) break the Subaru mold...

Ha, if Red alert is any indication, you are totally right (plus the G1 homage w/ Jazz means the Mazda mold, not Subaru obviously).

I hear ya man, I'd love more news on BT. But ya gotta remember Alts/BT were only meant to last so many toys. What was the original plan? I forget. Anyways, everything else up to this point = gravy. Well. Except kittyvette. Hee. :)

Archived