The Decepticharge merge thread

Damnit Dog

Things we know as facts about decepticharge:

1) About a month ago he was all over ebay from asian sellers

2) He has since dried to a trickle

3) He hasn't been sited at any US brick and mortar retailer, but he is now in stock at BBTS

4) Swerve has since been relased without any asian sellers getting a month (or any) lead time

5) He's on Swerves US packaging as #14 (one lower than swerve)

6) He's not the same color/design/name/character as the BT equivelent release

Possible Reasons why he hasn't shown up

1)  Hasbro wised up and noticed that windcharger was a shelf warmer and decided to hold off on releasing another S2000 to have two sitting S2000 sitting on the shelf as once, and instead decided to liquidate the rest of their Grimlocks (god knows why they held these back) and Swindles while the windchargers sold through.

2) Hasbro decided to not ship him because a) they don't think it will sell (not likely) b) they had a licensing issue with Honda c) they wanted to utilize the BT paint scheme

3) He's just late due to some shipping error

4) all the US bound decepticharges a) we lost a sea b) burned in a truck fire c) went down over the pacific.

My guess is he'll be here within a month or two...

• 3 weeks later...
  • Replies 185
  • Created
  • Last Reply

After all the good reviews people have been putting up about swerve I'm very tempted to import him as well as decepticharge. Then I got thinking, what with the 3 repaints being released as BTAs, it would be an ideal time for takara to add yet more repaints in the form of a BTA decepticharge and swerve. Seeing as takara have seemingly collaborated with hasbro on one of the exclusive BTAs (namely sunstreaker) perhaps the exchange may go the other way also. I hope so as the red and yellow would look much better painted on to die-cast. Thoughts anyone?

*8-ball shake* All signs point to yes.

When exactly who knows. Some one at my local TRU cleaned house when Swerve showed up cause there is  nothing left except Grimlock, Swindle(who weren't there for 3 months) and some B Ravages and Windchargers.

Now that the Thread title says BTAs *(8-ball shake)* NO.

Seeing as takara have seemingly collaborated with hasbro on one of the exclusive BTAs (namely sunstreaker) perhaps the exchange may go the other way also.

I don't think there was any collaboration - the decos on each are quite a bit different.  It was simply a case of "well the mold was supposed to be Sunstreaker, might as well make the repaint."

Well since these two seem to have been slightly ignored and or slammed by many around the fandom I thought it was about time to give these two amazing Alts some recognition. Anyway managed to take some snapshots of these guys as I finally got Swerve in the mail today.  I must say I was very iffy on both these guys myself but I must say I think all the hubbub surrounding these guys is a bit off to say the least.  I was pleasantly surprised with both, the red on Swerve worked much better on him then I thought and the yellow on Decepticharge is just badass, same with his remould head-sculpt.  The new head on Swerve is also great as well in my opinion, I know some were poo-pooing it a bit but I think its great

Overall these toys are great and would defiantly and highly recommend picking up both of em :thumb Enjoy :D

IMG_1463.jpg

IMG_1461.jpg

IMG_1440.jpg

IMG_1458.jpg

those pics are better than the other one's i've seen, i really would want to change the heads of decepticharge with windcharger so wc has his proper head

Archived