TFC-21 Broadcast and C-00 Primus

ChemNerd

• Replies 47
  • Created
  • Last Reply
.....t, so really you're still paying way over Wal-Mart retail

Which you'll get to do in seven months time if you're lucky.

is blaster the broadcast mold or the twincast remold that can hold two cassetes?

Blaster = Broadcast

Thus being able to hold two cassettes makes him Twincast. :thumb

*hopes for a Twincast reissue*

It makes logical sense for them to do it.  They just have to do a little remolding on the chest part to allow it.

Yep, definitely no button on the original Blaster. My guess is that it is a slight remold to make the door easier to open. The original is very difficult to open w/o modifications, which involves taking apart the entire bot and fixing it w/o breaking anything. You feel like you almost have to break the damn button to get the door to open.

I had only slight issues with the eject on my Blaster -- that is until I opened him up and apparently lost a part.  I had to hold the eject button while prying the cassette door open from then on.  Yeah, I remember the original Blaster pretty well.  One of the few vintages I snuck the purchase of under my parents's noses.  But hard to find a toy that looks so much like his character too I suppose.

There was a "fake" volume knob where that black button is right now.  My old blaster toy used to open just fine for years... until one day, the eject button kinda got stuck.  Good thing I didn't have any of the cassettes in there.

The way I see it, the black button isn't there for anything more than aesthetic reasons... but hey, I could be wrong, and for the better too.  ;)

Maybe it's a volume/power knob.  Anyhow, I'm planning to open him up again since I know what I'm doing now (hopefully... don't laugh!).  O=)

Oh, I caught the Soundblaster train but it had been moving pretty fast when I did (ow..).

An' yeah, I'll have ta come up with a different term before I start talking about the Astrotrain train.

Archived