TFC-21 Broadcast and C-00 Primus

ChemNerd

Got these solicitations in the mail today.  Combined with the HLJ listing (no pictures) this confirms the date and price.

post-4155-1129737679.jpg

TFC-21 Broadcast

12 per case, 2/2006, 4500yen

post-4155-1129737695.jpg

C-00 Primus

2 per case, 2/2006, 8000yen

For anyone interested these will go up for Pre-Order later today on the store.

• Replies 47
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I'm reminded of that scene in Real Genius where Chris tells Jordan her fake military IDs are terrible since his looks like Mitch's and Mitch's looks like his. =)

I guess I'm once again fated to buy Blaster because I missed the Soundwave train -- history repeats itself (though this time it's due to lack of paying attention rather than funds).  And I will NOT take his chest apart again this time, breaking it in the process, to find out if there's real electronics inside!  I don't remember that round black button on the right side of his chest though.  What is that?

Guess this also means Galvatron isn't #21 or part of the TFC series?

I'm reminded of that scene in Real Genius where Chris tells Jordan her fake military IDs are terrible since his looks like Mitch's and Mitch's looks like his. =)

I guess I'm once again fated to buy Blaster because I missed the Soundwave train -- history repeats itself (though this time it's due to lack of paying attention rather than funds).  And I will NOT take his chest apart again this time, breaking it in the process, to find out if there's real electronics inside!  I don't remember that round black button on the right side of his chest though.  What is that?

Guess this also means Galvatron isn't #21 or part of the TFC series?

Hahaha!  Wow - glad you caught the picture swap - I fixed it so thanks.

Glavatron was never part of the TFC line (it was never solicited like that).  He'll be in style with Predaking, Star Convoy, and Pepsi prime - a unique box.  It's unknown if it will be like Predaking and Star Convoy in the Japanese G1 box style or something different (since it's Anime style).

i pre odered primus this morning and the great thing is, if you pre order early you get 5% off the RRP.

whoa a whole $2.50 off :eek man... too bad it will cost you $10.50 to ship it, so really you're still paying way over Wal-Mart retail

WooT! Primus! Now wheres his Chip Square?

Rumor around the watercooler is that the GF version will not have one.  If so that'd be the "something extra" that the Cybertron version has that the GF version does not that was refered to at BotCon.

But he can't transform without the Chip Square :tftongue

I'm guessing the Hasbro version will come with a moon..

I don't remember that round black button on the right side of his chest though.  What is that?

I am almost 100% certain that is not on the original Blaster.

(checks unicron.com for pics)

Yep, definitely no button on the original Blaster. My guess is that it is a slight remold to make the door easier to open. The original is very difficult to open w/o modifications, which involves taking apart the entire bot and fixing it w/o breaking anything. You feel like you almost have to break the damn button to get the door to open.

The new button should be a nice addition and will differentiate the reissue from the original.

Good job noticing the difference.

There was a "fake" volume knob where that black button is right now.  My old blaster toy used to open just fine for years... until one day, the eject button kinda got stuck.  Good thing I didn't have any of the cassettes in there.

The way I see it, the black button isn't there for anything more than aesthetic reasons... but hey, I could be wrong, and for the better too.  ;)

Archived