I feel like an Alt. Sexy Party

STPrime

Sideswipe

I remember when Prowl came out that people wanted to make Hot Rod out of him, but I thought all along that Prowl made a better looking SS then the real one. So after finally hunting down a Prowl via trade I gave him a coat of red and walla.

post-2314-1140105392.jpg

• Replies 357
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Sunstreaker 2

Remember my attempt at a yellow Tracks? Well, I finally bought one from BBTS so I decided to turn him into another SS for right now. I think he'll end up as someone else eventually, but for right now....

post-2314-1140105624.jpg

Hey STPrime...lovin' the Sideswipe...

It really gives me an idea of what I want my VTEC character to look like.  I have a few differences...like the shoulders, arms, body/interior pieces, but I like where you went with yours...it would be cool if we could do a photoshoot together, hahahaha.

I agree with you...it really does look more like Sideswipe than Alt. Sideswipe.

Do you have pics of the alternate mode?  How did you fill in the holes in the roof?  What kind of paint did you use?  What color did you paint the interior?  (Black I think...)

I liked a lot of the custom's you've done here...in particular...not just Sideswipe, but your Soundwave, and your Shockwave.

Are you gonna make a G1 style Red alert from the Alt Prowl mold?  I'm actually planning an Alternators Turbomaster Getaway or an Armada Wheeljack from the Alt Prowl mold.  We'll see how that turns out...

How did you fill in the holes in the roof?  What kind of paint did you use?  What color did you paint the interior?  (Black I think...)

Are you gonna make a G1 style Red alert from the Alt Prowl mold? 

Glad to see you like it. I didn't want you think I was trying to steal your thunder. I had this in mind from the get go, but I was only able to get the one Prowl. So I finally gave in Sat. and took him apart. Not bad for 3 days work. But, I wasn't able to get the windsheild off, how did you remove it?

I filled in the holes with Testors Contour Putty. I used it for everything. It's what I used for my Alt. Megatron head. I went black with the interior. I may put some silver details, two tone the seats. I also used the lights for my first bash I ever did, my Alt. Prowl. It kind of pisses me off that they made it now, but mine still looks better.  :tflaugh

I don't have any plans for Red alert, but once I find another Prowl I'm going to take a stab at reshelling and use the Chevy SSR to make Rodimus Prime. Is it a car, is it a truck? I don't know, but I think it fits him.

Look forward to seeing your's when it is done.

Man! The Lambo would have been so perfect for Swipe. the very small hood would have made a perfectly proportioned chest. I like the work here too though.

Alt Shockwave

Looks nice STP, but where are the running boards and the underside of the car?  And how did you reconcile the fist-gun in car mode? It must stick out the front.

The Soundwave looks great, except I'm not thrilled with the cassette-player buttons waist piece.  It's alittle too much homage to the original in that it looks silly on the Alt. to me.

pike

Alt Shockwave

Looks nice STP, but where are the running boards and the underside of the car?  And how did you reconcile the fist-gun in car mode? It must stick out the front.

The Soundwave looks great, except I'm not thrilled with the cassette-player buttons waist piece.  It's alittle too much homage to the original in that it looks silly on the Alt. to me.

pike

i took them/it off. i didn't. i don't use car mode.

you push the buttons and the the grill opens up and they pop out. what's wrong with that?

Archived