Concerned with a recent eBay purchase...

My Alt. Mode Sucks

I recently BINed a DVD collection from oldtowneentertainmentandsales. The problem is that I bought it on the 23rd of August, and I sent a money order for the DVDs right away, but I haven't received the item yet. There is no excuse for this, as I live in West Virginia and the seller is in Virginia -- the shipping should have been very fast. The odd thing is that I bought two other collections from another seller and THEY live in California -- yet I got the DVDs from them a week after winning the auctions.

I'm tempted to threaten to report them, as they haven't responded to my e-mails about the auction, either. I'm still going on faith that I'll get the DVDs eventually...but I'm going to run a check on the money order to see if they have cashed it yet, and if they have, that means they are most likely withholding the DVDs deliberately.

I'm not quite sure what to do here.

my advice is... dont rhyme when emailing them. no one likes wheelie.

my real advice is, tell them youll leave negetive feedback if they at very least dont respond to you. theyll prolly respond with some bs reason why they didnt in the first place. then theyll tell you its on the way or it was delayed for whatever reason. once you get it, leave whatever kind of feedback you want according to how it all went. they should be appologetic. emphasis on should. if not i would reccomend negetive feedback and report them.

Well, they pretty much deserve negative feedback at this point.

Although it was only a few months back I had won a BT Tracks in an auction and the seller took an exceptionally long time to get it to me...

So that's why I'm going on faith here. Because I eventually got the Tracks.

BTW, this is the item for anyone curious: http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewI...AMEWN%3AIT&rd=1

Also, do check their feedback...it is mostly positive, but some of the sellers who left negative feedback appear to have encountered similar problems as me.

I had something similar happen to me. I bought an A-Unicron MISB last year on eBay. It was taking forever to get it, so I checked the seller's auctions. They had another A-Unicron up with the same pictures. I assumed they figured they could get more than the $25 mine ended at. I emailed asking if they shipped mine yet, they gave a BS reason why it wasn't sent. Well the other auction ended even lower than mine and a week later I recieved the Unicron. The packing job was craptacular, they just wrapped brown paper around the box.

I recently BIN a lot of Alts. from a seller in Cali. His feedback was o.k. I sent payment immediately via paypal and the lot was SUPPOSED to be shipped via USPS priority. 2 weeks go by and nothing. I contacted the seller and 2 days later I got a bs answer. Another week goes by, nothing. I contact him again, 3 days later, another bs answer. I then filed a complaint with Ebay/paypal and on the last day of the "hearing" process I got my lot of Alts via UPS. Some people dont respond until they are threatened by legal action. You've waited, you have TRIED to contact them.....REPORT THEM. File a complaint to get your money back and I gaurantee you'll get your stuff.

I got jacked up on dvd's on a couple of occasions.  Since I made money orders it would cost more to make a stop payment on the money order than the dvd itself.

Archived