A question about Transforming robots

Tripredacus

So both Unicron and Primus (new design) are planets that turn into robots. Aside from the "create my children in my image" idea, why would they need to be robots? Granted they are the oldest Transformers in the stories, but does this mean that in some other galaxy, or perhaps on some other planet, zillions of years ago, there were people that were that big to begin with?

I just thought of this looking at my wallpaper, and found it silly that these giant robots have feet, even though they can't stand on anything in space (except planets.)

So in the evolutionary sense of the word, they would have had to come from someplace that required them to stand, or else they were created by someone (we know the Unicron idea from Season 3) that had to use legs.

• Replies 25
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I like to think that they too started off as simple Robots, maybe the first prototypes of the Transforming race. As they evolved/got smarter they had to expand for this (think Vyger(?) from Star Trek). As they grew they created minions wich were extensions of their programing, these bcame the Tranforming races seen in the toys and comics. They retained their basic shape to keep a conection to their minions (kind of like many religions have gods that have human based shapes, it allows us to relate to them better i think). The planet modes were chosen to allow for faster travel through space and remain undetecded.

from what i understand, primus and unicron were originally incorporal energy beings that were humanoid in shape. their robot modes are suppose to be a representation of their previous forms.

"The one" the being that created both primus & unicron, made them as planets not robots - when unicron turned 'evil' he had to fight against his former brother, not physicaly but mentaly (on the Astral Plane) which gave them there robot forms. millions of years later both unicron & primus rebuilt themselves to mimic there astral forms incase they may have to fight again.

I think thats wat happened

OK, crash course in why they are planets:

At the Dawn of Time , the 'Chaos God' Unicron tried to wipe the fledgling universe out. Primus, a 'Light God', opposed him. At that point, they were both vast, extremely powerful energy beings who resembled humanoids. When he was beaten, Primus took the battle to the mental, astral plane. He lost there as well, but tricked Unicron and fled back to reality. Rather than materialise back in their energy bodies, Primus shifted the spacial coordinates or whatever and they were both trapped within barren asteroids.

Now, these asteroids must have had an abundance of minerals and metals. That, I asume, is why both Cybertron and Unicron are metal. Unicron shaped his 'prison' into what was basically a giant fortress. He then drove around the universe, ingesting raw materials in the form of planets. Eventually, he was able to restructure himself so that he could transform into a physical replica of his energy form.

Primus detected this. He too shaped himself into a metal world (Cybertron) but he was much weaker than Unicron and would not endanger life by consuming other worlds. So he put the last of his strength into creating soldiers to fight Unicron. Because he had only got metals to work with, these soldiers were robots. They 'live' because he put his essence into them (the Matrix of Creation/Leadership/delet as applicable).

At least, that's the story (as I understand it) from the G1 Comics. Everywhere/when else lacks a similar explanation.

So in short, Cybertronians are robots because they were built from the only materials avaliable to Primus: Metals and assorted minerals.

As to why Primus and Unicron had feet, it could be that their (energy) forms were fashion after the shape of the life forms that eventually rose within the universe. A sort of mental projection, perhaps?

That Marvel comic origin is so weak.

Why don't we just make Transformers all into ghosts and goblins and vampires?

I hate when Scifi crosses with Supernatural elements.

The origin of Primus presented in the current shows is the one I follow, and since it's the first to be presented in animated canon, I consider it the true origin.

He's simply God. Primus is the creator of the universe. All planets, all lifeforms. Life on Cybertron, lacking a sun, could not sustain organic evolution. The lifeorms and organisms evolved mechanically, bypassing the need. Earthlings, having an organic sun, plants, etc, evolved organically.

Saying Unicron is Primus' nemesis equal is weak and cliche', IMO. Unicron is less than Primus. He's actually a creation of Primus and bears Primus' spark energy. His energy is no different. There is no good or evil between the two giants, as their agenda and purpose is beyond anything that lifeforms would understand or associate with.

Primus created Unicron to be a sun for Cybertron, but because of the nature of their war and energy transference between mechanical beings, the evolution of the sun become something terrible, and ironically, punished them for the very things that helped create Unicron's body.

This is the Micron Legend/Super-Link/Galaxy Force story...yes, Galaxy Force. Just because you throw in a couple lines of dialogue to confuse the audience doesn't make it a restart. I know that characters like Exillion and Guardshell aren't Landmine and Hot Shot in the Japanese show, but the story is still in continuity with Micron's universe. If you check episode 21 of GF, when Jackshot is flying through space in the flashback, you can even see pieces of Unicron everywhere, destroyed. :thumb

Honestly, I have no problem with the supernatural crossing with sci-fi. after all, science fiction is about all the possibilities, the "what -ifs" that couldn't (or wouldn't) happen in our universe. (or might have already, but we don't know about yet.) As long as we don't set ourselves to one specific "canon" of storyline, but allow for alternate universes that run parallel to the main TF continuity (paralell, NOT contiguous to.), then we have a series of stories that one can take their pick from. I personally like the G1 story arc, but that doesn't have to be the only one in existence. Some versions can have Primus, others don't need him.

Hang on, isnt Cybertron meant to orbit the star Alpha Centari(which would make it the transformers' sun)?

Archived