movie CONCEPT sketches

FREEFALLL666

• Replies 41
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Well I won't being going to see it. This is what happens when you don't listen to fans. Hollywood and its mass market bastardisations.

Yes, damn those bastards wanting to make back the millions they pour into making and marketing this, damn them I say!

Murphy listened to "the fans". They've listened to "the fans" more than any major Hollywood project I care to recall. We've got more than He-Man, GI Joe or practically any other property of this nature has gotten.

I'll be there on opening night in the UK.

Regardless, on topic, the pics from what I can see intruige me. However, until I get something that doesn't look like it was shot at high speed, or by someone with all the camera skills of sparrow, I'll reserve judgement on these morsels they've thrown us.

Just a point of note. If I removed myself from 1984 I might as well stop collecting right now and give up.

G1 began there. TRANSFORMERS BEGAN there.

Anyone who is here knows that, in that same way as that they know an Autobot from a Decepticon.

But again the other point is not to make a fan flick, just money. I'll tell you this. When G1 ended and those of us (myself in this case) moved on for the next 15 years, the toys, the comic books, the history suddenly became legend.

What was a mass marketed toy, began to change or rather more appropriately transform into something quite completely different.

Is it for nothing that Takara and Hasbro have kept the brand name alive rather than let it slip into history? No, because they want to return to the glory days of those 8 years where they were making money hand over fist.

But now there is a small problem, their creation has changed into the same thing as Superman. Popular culture.

This they cannot deny, and this is the consiquence of success. Sometimes it takes its own form, and its own lividity, and after that all you can do is stand back and grease the wheels.

Stand in the way of it, and you might as well try and stop Unicron with a house brick shouting go away very loudly, and see all the good that would do you.

Well Freefalll, thanks but the urgency is that Michael Bay better listen as otherwise it'll be a monumental waste of time, money, and an insult to intellegence as I can can just envision a poor plot with unconvincing characters.

In the end I can only see a film that carries the name and the gimmicry of a transforming robot or two.

i just thought that they also might have shown some of those TF rip-off comercials because when they aired, and other ones like it, a lot of people said "wow! they should do a Transformers movie like that.". I'm willing to bet comercials like those and us complaining every three seconds help get this idea/project going. So give yourselves a hand! We are annoying fans that get things done and we should get an award. (goes to his local PO and waits).

Archived