2 Alternators ideas

spiker

• Replies 26
  • Created
  • Last Reply
I would pay 80.00 dollars for the Grimlocks and paint

Let's see depending on where you get the alts it can go from 20-30 each.That leaves a margin of already spent cash at 40-60. Leaving a estimated 20-40 left for the work.

Paints at least 10-15 depending on the brand. So that takes out 10-15 leaving 5-20 dollars left for the person themselves for doing the work.

I really don't see any takers in your future.

It's like saying I'll pay you 5-20 dollars for a weeks worth of work. In truth I don't think you'll find someone do do the customs for less the 20$ for each custom and you want 2.That really doesn't make it worth it to many people.

Sorry dude, in that case and your exspences, you really are better off trying to do it on your own.

If you find someone then by all means, send me their email. I'd love to have work done that cheep but then again I'd prob pass because work being done that cheep means the quality isn't going to be so good.

Sorry if this seems rude but.... :tflaugh1

TFM

Well, truth be told: all the two would need is just a black and white paint job. (from what I recall from the g1 battlechargers.) that and transparent tints for the windows. (might be wrong, but it's been a while.)

Cost calculator:

target or wal-mart alts: 19.99 x2= 40.00

krylon white and black, along with clear-cote: 2.44 per can x3-= 7.50

tamiya transparent window tints: 2.99 x2 = 6.00

Now, without the detail paints, reprolabel g1 faction symbols or labor, the estimated cost so far is about 53 dollars.

Well, truth be told: all the two would need is just a black and white paint job. (from what I recall from the g1 battlechargers.) that and transparent tints for the windows. (might be wrong, but it's been a while.)

Cost calculator:

Now, without the detail paints, reprolabel g1 faction symbols or labor, the estimated cost so far is about 53 dollars.

satisfaction of doing it yourself: priceless. :D

Cost calculator:

And again, the prices differ from where you get your products.

If you can't find them in a store near you the cost for them go up to about 25-30 dollars each if you get them online.

And you can count the two main colors and the clear color coat but what about the paints used for details? that's about 4 each bottle for hand painting small details.

Either way you look at it it's still not much for the person being commissioned to do it.

Not to mnetion the cost of what you need for custom heads. It can go from slight cutting and resculpts to all new sculpted heads or ones used from another figure that has nothing to do with the Grimlock molds.Either way, it's still not going to be cheeply done.

TFM

Cost calculator:

satisfaction of doing it yourself: priceless. :D

i was waiting on that

Archived