Is this genuine?

DoubleDealer

• Replies 20
  • Created
  • Last Reply

its a fake. those are the same type of decals that Reprolables makes (I just got a set just like them) and everyone of the decals are off centered on this "rare item" :roll

i was looking for a g1 shockwave complete on ebay and they were broken at $300. i found an even better italian version of g1 shock wave mib. he still worked and was black with all translucent red parts so i thnk he is genuine just a different colour but it could be a fake and just have the mold like mine but as long as it looks good is complete who cares

There are dozens of versions of Shockwave out there, for a rare figure he had a lot of incarnations from other companies ;)

i was looking for a g1 shockwave complete on ebay and they were broken at $300. i found an even better italian version of g1 shock wave mib. he still worked and was black with all translucent red parts so i thnk he is genuine just a different colour but it could be a fake and just have the mold like mine but as long as it looks good is complete who cares

Weird, when I got my G1 Shockwave for Christmas a few years ago, my mom didn't pay any more than $75 for it on eBay. Great shape too, rubber tubing intact and battery cover still present too. Got another one, MIB as part of a big $200 lot too. I didn't realize that Shocky was so pricey now.

Does Takara even have the rights to reissue him? That would be a worthy release.

i dont hav a pic but found one on the net. it was really hard to find a pic which leads me to think this versions very rare. this examples shot up and the plasic should be a dark vibrant red. the chest should also be more red but here you go. i promise though as soon as i get a digi camera ill tae a pic

I think i have seen a version of every shockwave out there...the one shown is a fake/repainted one. I'd be willing to throw down a few bucks on this one....the black color seems uneven, and looks painted on, not molded. but i see it went for $94 bucks, that's disturbing...i got mine complete minus box for $80. oh well.

Archived