Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

TFormers Community

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

TF art Q & A

Recommended Posts

  • Author

i used an A4 scanner at 300DPI (dots per inch)

  • Replies 55
  • Views 20.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

This is going to sound like amateur hour, but it's probably the best place to ask:

 

I know I'll never find exactly matching paints... but what's the best way to use the Testors Paint pens that they sell at Wal-mart? I picked up a black/gold/silver set...

 

Also, in relation to above: How does one go about painting force chips so they don't look shoddy, while not having the details filled with pooling ink?

  • Author
This is going to sound like amateur hour, but it's probably the best place to ask:

 

I know I'll never find exactly matching paints... but what's the best way to use the Testors Paint pens that they sell at Wal-mart? I picked up a black/gold/silver set...

 

Also, in relation to above: How does one go about painting force chips so they don't look shoddy, while not having the details filled with pooling ink?

idd say ask the guys im customs and kitbashes

  • 1 month later...

Heyo, shading question.

 

I've just laid the flats down, and I'm going to be shading (in Photoshop 7.0).  I have a basic idea of HOW to shade, but I've never handled a Transformer before.  So what I'm basicly asking is in what manner would be best?  It's not simply a manner of making the shadow match the contour when it's not organic.

good idea for a thread

 

i know that for comic sequential pages artists typically use 11"x17" sheets of heavy, high-quality art paper called Bristol board. Bristol board comes in two "tooths" (surface texture), Plate (which is smoother) and Vellum (which is rougher)

 

You can buy that at art stores or order them online [you can buy them pre-ruled online]

 

i'd think that for single character stuff they might use paper around that size, that way they can get some good detailing, although i'm sure it varies. Maybe i'll ask Don and see what he says

 

For supplies like this, I go to Joe Kubert's World of Cartooning (I've taken some classes from these guys) or Art Media, a store in Portland, Oregon I shop at. These stores rock!

i use thise i just select the parts i want and copy them over

 

i do have an autobot G1 logo but its a PSD file

 

oh and i got them all off google

100pxmaximalsymbol4nv.png100pxpredaconsymbol0eu.png

100pxmaximalsymbolbm8vy.png100pxvehiconsymbol1xf.png

100pxwreckerssymbol0pn.png

  • 2 months later...

Here, I have a question if anyone can help (thanks in advance). Well, basically I was just wondering if anyone has problems with a slightly grainy image coming out from scanning. I use the Gimp to color my work, and even though I go over my original pencil with ink and then scan it in with the contrast elevated to remove any grays, when I go to fill an area with color in the Gimp, it fills it but not without an annoying white speckle around the lines in particular. It may just be the program I'm using, but I'm not entirely sure. Also, how do you get that sunlight effect on your colored product (like in Blitz's sig)? Thanks again.

  • Author

well i use photoshop and ive never been near gimp (but i hear its pritty close)

 

to stop that grain i make a 2nd layer and place it under the line art. then i select the line art layer and go into its propertys and select multiply. then i aply my colours to the layer under the line art layer. but im not sure how you would do that in gimp but i dont think thier that different.

 

as for my lighting style it realy depends some peeps do it one way others another i just make 2 layers on top of all the others and then add some oringe to the serfaces in the light and then on the 2nd i add some blue then i play with the layer settings till it works

Thanks!! :thumb I'll try that. I'm working on a new (more detailed) avatar and sig, so I'll put that advice to good use.

  • 1 month later...

Serious picture question....

 

I just got a 2.1 MegaPixel Camera tonight, and it takes great pics, but the flash is just so overpowering, and if you don't use it, the light in the room isn't nearly enough, so everything turns red.

 

That alone presents a problem, here's another....

 

I want to be able to do picfics, and take pictures of my collection and I know that Macro is generally used for items 2-6' away. It says the lens is a macro lens (and there's no way to adjust it).

 

Anyone got any tips I can use on taking these pictures? I've heard of using lightboxes (or rigging up your own) and I'm not against making one, just don't have the stuff required, right now.

 

So....the lightbox I'm guessing is a good thing, any ideas?

 

As you can see:

 

1st.) Lamp light, no flash.post-3164-1161425483.jpg

2nd.) Turned off all lights in the room, and just used the flash.post-3164-1161425665.jpg

 

Any tips, tricks, or ideas?

 

Thanks in advance.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Sign Up For The TNI Newsletter And Have The News Delivered To You!
SOCIAL NETWORKS

ToyNewsI MarvelousNews Tformers JediInsider
Entertainment News International (ENI) is the oldest, largest, and most popular news source for adult toy collectors (kidults) all around the world.

Get the scoop every day on all the popular culture action figures, comics, games, movies, toys, and more!

Contact and Support
Advertising | Submit News | Contact ENI | Privacy Policy


All images, trademarks, logos, video, brands and images used on this website are registered trademarks of their respective companies and owners. All Rights Reserved. Data has been shared for news reporting purposes only. All content sourced by fans, online websites, and or other fan community sources. Entertainment News International is not responsible for reporting errors, inaccuracies, omissions, and or other liablities related to news shared here. We do our best to keep tabs on infringements. If some of your content was shared by accident. Please Contact us about any infringements right away - CLICK HERE

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.