What type of TF show do you want?

Nexus Prime

What type of TF show do you want?  

43 members have voted

1. 1. What type of TF show do you want?

• Continue Armada/Energon/Cybertron
    • Beast Wars/Machines continuation
    • G1 continuation (between G1 and BM)
    • Combination of G1/BW/BM continuation (after BM)
    • RID continuation
    • Alternators
    • Revamp of G1
    • Whole new show.

Transtech would be cool, especially to see how the Transformer race reacts as a whole to becoming technorganic. Since I seriously doubt everyone is going to be overjoyed at the events.

'sides, it could be interesting seeing Starscream show up again. Everyone loves Starscream. :P

• Replies 28
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Transtech will simply not happen, since it already HAS happened. The Decepticon toys for Armada are the toys that would have represented the Decepticon-factions of the Transtech-series. heck, even Megatron is the same guy in both series!

No, what I would like to see, is a complete new, more adult series, not linked to a toy-line, but working from a long-term perspective. something like Stargate, perhaps, where the Decepticons have formed an alliance with a corrupt US-General, and try to sabotage and take over the mightiest nation in the world from the inside out. Something realistic, and serious, and most of all, NOT aimed at kids!

I voted BW BM continuation, but I am 50/50 for that or something totally new.

I'd kinda like to see the Autobots get attacked by both Earth forces (their presence/cause missunderstood) and the Decepticons and how they eventually win our confidence and we unite against the Deceps.

I'd also like to see a show that focuses on the events that lead up to the Great War.

A prequel to BW showing the Maximal upgrade, attempts by certain Predacons to break the uneasy peace and the eventual creation of the bot we know as BW Megatron would be cool.

Of course, most of this is more likely to be something that would only happen in the comics.

Yeah, a prequal to BW would be nice.  It could even introduce a new leader for the decepticons: Cryotek.

BW Megs could have a part, but not be in command.

I voted for something altogether new, and exciting.

I have now finally seen a bit of Beastwars, first ten eps to be exact, and I can see what all the buzz was about. Despite some technical flaws the show suceeds in being a perfect balance of everything you could ever want in TF based cartoon. If anew CG series could accomplish the same mixture of plot, humour, and outstanding action I would be all for it. Also I wouldn't mind if Has/Tak retired Optimus Prime, and Megatron in exchange for some new warring bots, we as an audience could follow and learn to appreciate as the story developes. Also it would be interesting to see what the new leaders would look like if not a Gorilla/semi or Gun/Trex/Tank.

I'm hoping Hasbro eventially decides to do there own thing, because the aquired animation is killing the franchise as a whole IMO.

BTW second for me would be a continuation of RID if aquired again from Japan. This is easily second best to Beastwars. :thumb

I prefer an all-new show. No ties with any other continuity, and with a better story that would appeal to both kids and adults. I think that would be better so the new viewers would be able to jump into the storyline without having to refer to older shows.

I consider a G1 revamp as a new show. Since we won't have exactly the same characters, it would be a new show and no longer considered G1. The problem for a G1 revamp is that it might be too tied to homages that it would restrict the creativity of the storyline. A homage or two is nice, but what would draw older fans is not exactly being like G1, but a great modernized follow-up to its ancestor with great writing and action.

Archived