Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

TFormers Community

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

To be a city or not to be a city...

Are you a fan of City Transformers? 70 members have voted

  1. 1. Are you a fan of City Transformers?

    • Yes! Gimme Fort Max versus Trypticon any day!
      80%
      53
    • Not really. Much prefer more reasonable sized TFs.
      10%
      7
    • eh...whatever. Transformer's a Transformer.
      9%
      6

Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

Recommended Posts

I love city bots! To this day, they are still some of my favorite Transformers and I've made it my mission to get them all (just missing Metroplex).

 

I remember as a kid playing with Fort Max thinking Rodimus led the Autobots out of the tower where Spike's seat was. Made such a killer battle station that the Decepticons were always attacking. Ah good ol imagination...

  • Replies 42
  • Views 2.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

i wish i had a base transformer MAN I MUST FIND ONE! TRYPTICON OR FORT MAX!

I like the concept, though not necessarily the execution. The allure of Fort Max has forever eluded me. He's just a giant brick. Other than his hugeness, there's nothing to him.

Nothing to him? I beg to differ kind sir. Fortress Maximus has some really nice details on body (ie the elevator) and the concept of the double headmaster is IMO cool. In fortress mode he has all those cool cannons and is a awesome toy to -play- with. He can also go into space unlike Metroplex, which I also happen to think is a great toy as well. If you have every actually played with Fortress Maximus, it is nice to use him as a base, flying fortress or have him be the last line of defense. Yes he is huge IMO that is part of his appeal.

 

Characterwise, Omega Supreme is his equal in power, but few Autobots or TFs are stronger or wiser. IMO Fortress Maximus is also a excellent role model. He shares Optimus's respect for living in harmony with the environment and is a pacifist. He is also intelligent, a good tactician, respected and creative. Not many TF are as well rounded as this IMO. :thumb

To answer the original question, I like the bases, but I especially like Fortress Maximus, Metroplex and Omega Supreme. I always imagined the other Autobots creating buildings/bases and living nearby them. Then, Megtaron and his goons would attack and get their tails kicked, just like the anime. :rofl

I like the concept, though not necessarily the execution. The allure of Fort Max has forever eluded me. He's just a giant brick. Other than his hugeness, there's nothing to him.

 

 

Characterwise, Omega Supreme is his equal in power, but few Autobots or TFs are stronger or wiser. IMO Fortress Maximus is also a excellent role model. He shares Optimus's respect for living in harmony with the environment and is a pacifist. He is also intelligent, a good tactician, respected and creative. Not many TF are as well rounded as this IMO. :thumb

And on top of all that he is a walking artillery platform with all his guns out :tfgrin .

I like the city ones I just don't like spending that much money on one

i've always thought about building a cybertron city model (at least a large section of), to scale with normal sized transformers, now i'm thinking about a few possible modifications to make a hugeass combiner....although it would be cheaply made might be nice to try just for kicks.

 

right now i'm just looking for some good sources of inspiration. :tfhuh

I'm all for bases. One of my first TF's was Countdown, the Autobot Micromaster base, and I just recently got G1 Scorponok. However, Scorpy is pretty dull without all his ramps and cranes which didnt come with my purchase. So yeah, micromaster bases rock. They shoul've made some Minicon bases too, or at least Minicon-scale bases that transform into normal size TF's

I don't like them in theory or concept, The theory of lets make a bigger one just annoyed me. Theres something to be said about having actual feasability, a transforming city IMO just sounds like a ploy to sell more toys. What need do either the Autobots or Decpticons have for a city that transforms when they have their respective basses (g1 that is)?

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Sign Up For The TNI Newsletter And Have The News Delivered To You!
SOCIAL NETWORKS

ToyNewsI MarvelousNews Tformers JediInsider
Entertainment News International (ENI) is the oldest, largest, and most popular news source for adult toy collectors (kidults) all around the world.

Get the scoop every day on all the popular culture action figures, comics, games, movies, toys, and more!

Contact and Support
Advertising | Submit News | Contact ENI | Privacy Policy


All images, trademarks, logos, video, brands and images used on this website are registered trademarks of their respective companies and owners. All Rights Reserved. Data has been shared for news reporting purposes only. All content sourced by fans, online websites, and or other fan community sources. Entertainment News International is not responsible for reporting errors, inaccuracies, omissions, and or other liablities related to news shared here. We do our best to keep tabs on infringements. If some of your content was shared by accident. Please Contact us about any infringements right away - CLICK HERE

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.