RID Rail Racer

Satan's Camaro

• Replies 50
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Takara version is mostly molded in translucent plastic (so that the trains have clear windows).  On the flip side, it also means that most of the external surface is paint, which leaves a lot of room for sloppy paint apps.

Hasbro version is molded mostly in solid plastic, with painted windows.  While it looks less impressive visually, paint apps are a bit cleaner.  Each of the trains has a fairly large Autobot symbol tampoed somewhere on their exterior, which the Takara version doesn't have.  Additionally, Rapid Run has an additional gold paint app on his "nosecone", as well as gold stripes down his sides, and along the top of the train, and a gold-painted head.  In contrast, the Takara version  (J-5?  I can never get the names straight on these guys) only has flat yellow stripes down the side, and a flat yellow head.  Additionally, I've heard the joints are a bit tighter on the Hasbro version.

My Rapid Run and Rail spike are US versions and my midnight express is japanese other than the windows I did not notice any difference

heh heh. because the disguise is meant to fool the humans. not other robots with disguises of their own. i don't have either of the trains. but i have a feeling that i will be purchasing them verrrry soon. since there are still whole sets (takara too) going for the price i was and still am willing to pay ($60.00 including shipping).

Archived