Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

TFormers Community

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

Ideas for possible Alternators

Recommended Posts

evo IX (the evo8 fq 400 was a fast as a gt40 and they plan the same with the 9 so STFU sedan h8ers)

 

350Z Z-tune

 

the 2007 nissan skyline GT-R no pics yet most pics are just fan ideas not the production model. its based on the Z

 

lotus elise would make a good fembot

 

zonda c12

 

merc SLR

 

BMW M3 CSL GTR

 

 

 

:pfx

  • Replies 1k
  • Views 49.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I'm gonna argue the opposite.

 

The current plan is working just fine. Go after cars that the work-a-day man drives. They may be boring and pedestrian to you but they account for a small percentage of sales from the owners of those cars. I'd love to just plop down the cash for an R34 but show of hands who here actually owns one?

 

When Smokescreen came out the Subaru boards were a buzz with the news. It got some of the owners to shell out for the toy. Same for the Mazda crowd.

 

Hasbro's primary goal has been satisfied - us. Their secondary target, diecast car collectors, not so much. I collect em, but the diecast fan excitement is just not there. 1/18 (expensive and fine detailed), 1/43 (takes less space), 1/64 (hot wheels) are where it's at. Plus they're not looking for the same things. They don't want seam lines where there aren't any. They don't want compromise on scaled dimensions. 1/24 is a very 'fuzzy' scale used by most diecast toy manufacturers. It just has to look roughly in scale and fit in the box. Alternators is no exception and they have to deal with cramming a robot in there.

 

Hasbro and Takara work in the real world. You can't just say if I were in charge I'd do this or that. You can't bully companies. You can't change the current intellectual property laws. They were lax in the 80's but that time has passed.

 

If I create something (anything) and you profit off of a derivative work without asking my permission. That is wrong. If I'm a large global conglomerate. It is still wrong.

 

My apologies for being heavy handed but those are the facts.

 

As for what 06 or 07 would make a good Alternator? Runamuck featuring white Mazda 3. Runabout as the upgraded MazdaSpeed 3. Yes I know their G1 forms were sportier, but like I said, we need to tap as broad a buying segment as possible. And I'd like to see more decepticons that are actual cars.

 

I'd also like to see a Ford E350, so we can finally have Ratchet ( http://68.178.137.83/files/2k-ext1.jpg ) and Ironhide. And if that's not Ironhide enough then armor that sucker up. ( http://www.alpineco.com/armored/used_cash_...e350_97v357.htm )

Hummer H2 as Trailbreaker, Monte Carlo as Hot Rod, Avelache as Ironhide.

 

Really I dont care who they are, I just want my favorite vehicles.

In the "cut honda loose" conv i posted a pic of a blue Pagani Zonda which in my opinion would make an awsome Mirage.

sorry WRX-78, but I don't think these real world cars will sell so much as a cool sports car or the likes. 

 

I was trying to explain this in the drop honda post, its like picking the next military tank.  We have A the new state of the art tank with big ol turrent and cannon, or we can pick B this gun less personel transport...

 

Or lets see, the new sound wave can be a brand new state of the art take on the stealth fighter/bomber...or the wright brothers plane, that's all educational and such right?

 

Transformers are like Kitt, super fast, super smart cars that should out run, drive and perform anything on road, so they should be extra ordinary cars to help disguize this further.  How many have actually seen a ferrari go flat out, or even seen one on the road?  Alien vehicle or really rare sports car?  It kinda makes them stand out but explains how they can take off like they would.

 

Sure a hybred might work for say bumblebee but then how many would buy it?  I find it hard to believe that collector car makers will produce high volumes of an echo and expect them to sell as much as say the new corvette. 

Like I said. I'm a gearhead, diecast collector, and TF fan. So I've got a different perspective on these things.

 

To be honest all I'm saying is I don't know how things work behind the scenes and neither does 99.9% of this fandom. So making judgment calls is kinda pointless. I don't have sales figures. I don't have hard data. I'm going by general consensus on the boards I read.

 

That galaxy force ol skool muscle car caused quite a bit of interest. So I'd say, yes, there is a market for older cars. There's a market for non uber sports cars too. TF is all about variety.

 

And I betcha that diecast VW New Beetle that girls buy, sons buy for their dads cause they had an old bug in the garage back in the day, hippies, people with only a passing interest but know the iconic look of the Beetle, etc. has sold more than a scale Pagani Zonda (while uber sexy).

Hmmm.....  Mazda will be launching a new Miata/Mx5/Eunos Roadster in the next few months.

 

Hubcap perhaps?  Short on ideas for names, but they're running out of main characters.

 

 

.  However they may want red or silver as the flagship color which could cause confussion with the S2000 molds

 

Dodge Magnum would be nice, but can't think of who it would really fit....

 

Pontiac GTO might make a nice Windcharger.........

 

 

Ford F150 as Gears perhaps?  Not quite right for Trailbreaker,.

 

I strongly disagree with Trailbreaker as a H2. As Megatron or Onslaught would be nice.  Hasbro do have licensing rights for a Hummer.

 

 

A short list but Unlike some, I'm trying to avoid realing off cars that are *never* ever  going to be made into BT's.....

i agree with wrx-78

 

skylines are quite popular here they sell for about £10k for r32 £20k-£30k for r33 and £35k+ for a good r34 much less for non GT-R's (but who wants that) and thier big in japan like mustangs are in the US

i gotta say i agree with WRX-78, aint the point of transformers - robots in disguise, they aint gonna remain so in disguise when everyone points at a ferrari or an r34 are they now. i say bring on the everday mans car. if hasbro think of the mass marketing ploy like subaru rally team supported they could clearly amass more profits, give us more alts, hopefully making us happier in the process.

i would like to see maybe a fiat punto or peugeot 206, maybe even a citreon, they do some small cars that woul do for some of the smaller autobots.

Ok, so no more tank turrents for you guys, its tank tracks for all! 

 

Maybe we can get an ice cream truck. 

 

OOOH instead of the space shuttle, lets have a plain old rocket. 

 

 

Anyway, that new Wheeljack coming out, the olds or chevelle (its either or, green) is a classic car they made as a TF...

 

There is HOPE! 

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Sign Up For The TNI Newsletter And Have The News Delivered To You!
SOCIAL NETWORKS

ToyNewsI MarvelousNews Tformers JediInsider
Entertainment News International (ENI) is the oldest, largest, and most popular news source for adult toy collectors (kidults) all around the world.

Get the scoop every day on all the popular culture action figures, comics, games, movies, toys, and more!

Contact and Support
Advertising | Submit News | Contact ENI | Privacy Policy


All images, trademarks, logos, video, brands and images used on this website are registered trademarks of their respective companies and owners. All Rights Reserved. Data has been shared for news reporting purposes only. All content sourced by fans, online websites, and or other fan community sources. Entertainment News International is not responsible for reporting errors, inaccuracies, omissions, and or other liablities related to news shared here. We do our best to keep tabs on infringements. If some of your content was shared by accident. Please Contact us about any infringements right away - CLICK HERE

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.