What has your significant other learned about TFs

Sentinel

What does your significant other know about TFs?  

55 members have voted

1. 1. What does your significant other know about TFs?

• Knows nothing, ignores every word you say
    • Knows a little bit just from osmosis (you talking incessantly in their ear, but not really listening)
    • Knows the leaders and/or factions
    • Knows the main characters from your favorite line
    • Knows about the timelines (pre and post movie though Beast Era)
    • Can name most of the characters in your collection
    • Can answer most of the trivia questions you pose of them
    • Knows everything that you know
    • Is an even bigger fan than you are

I try not to bore her with stuff....she knows factions and most of the main characters. I haven't made her watch the movie yet. But hey, she's a bigger Star Wars and LOTR fan than me, so I'd say we're even. :tflaugh

Yours is a LOTR fan as well? Cool.

Is she into Harry Potter? Mine is :redface

• Replies 40
  • Created
  • Last Reply
My partner is the one who buys me my Transformers... I had started collecting them before I met him, and after I ended up in the hospital with Guillian Barre' Syndrome and had to re-learn hand coordination, my partner started buying me Transformers to help with the process... (I'd rather transform a toy then play with a lump of clay) My collection as of last night is 461 toys... We even have one room in our house dedicated to my collection of Transformers... (Even though we had to take his Star Wars stuff down to do it - That is now in a different room of the house) He wasn't a big TF fan when I met him, but he says he enjoys watching me get excited about new toys... My Daughter is also a fan and has her own collection (she likes the beasts)...

:thumb

rock on man.

and uh, welcome to TFans!!!

Ditto! :thumb

That really is an impressive collection my friend. Wish that I had that impressive of a collection. Maybe soon when I get the extra room.

My ex-girlfriend liked my collection and thought that OPTIMUS was like a god-leader but only knew factions and leaders. She was more in love with my adoration of Anime than anything. She never brought me any toys but made up for it with the Anime and action movies...I went to her Broadway shows...and liked them...it was an even exchange all in all.

I am single now and loving it but still would love to find that special girl again...this time I'd love to meet another artist and/or that special TRANSFAN of my dreams. ;)

• 5 months later...

I hate them, I hate them, I hate them! (And thats about as much as I , Jaysons girlfriend, knows about stupid TRANSFORMERS!) Well, actually..I know a few more things. They cost too much, they totally ruin the look of the living room, there's too damn many of them in my house, and my boyfriend prefers them to me. Although, if I had to choose one that I did like, it would be Unicron because he and I have the same goal in life KILL THE TRANSFORMERS! (Did I mention I know that they don't like me? Perhaps its because I've thrown them out the window a few too many times.) Later Geeks :)

She knows that:

a) they take up a lot of room

b) some of them cost and insane amount of money

c) for some reason I like them so it makes the other two largely unimportant.  :luv

Unless I want to buy G1 Overlord, Deathsaurus, and Black Zarak, I still have to convince her of their intrinsic value. :redface

My wife is a Latin & history teacher so on long car rides she made me learn the names of Henry VIII's wives in exchange for her memorizing all 7 seekers.

Having conquered that, I tried teacher her the Triplechangers but I can't for the life of my collection remember all of the blasted Roman Emperors. :tfhuh

My girlfriend really doesn't care very much for them.  She knows that I love Transformers, among other robot/mecha cartoons/anime/etc (she constantly points out that I'm a "mech-freak"), but she's tolerant with my hobby; although she pretty much makes no effort to learn anything from it (I've repeated a gazillion times to her that the Autobots are the good guys, and the Decepticons are the bad guys, but I don't think she remembers either way).

It's funny when I go shopping with her, because I act like a kid when I get to the TF section at Wal-Mart or Toys R'Us.  Also interestingly, she's ok with that, so I'm happy.  Her favorite line at this point to me would be "Bah, you engineers..." (she's an accountant).

Interestingly enough, she's a Gundam fan (as I am), so *those* mechs work pretty well with her, though...

Archived