What has your significant other learned about TFs

Sentinel

What does your significant other know about TFs?  

55 members have voted

1. 1. What does your significant other know about TFs?

• Knows nothing, ignores every word you say
    • Knows a little bit just from osmosis (you talking incessantly in their ear, but not really listening)
    • Knows the leaders and/or factions
    • Knows the main characters from your favorite line
    • Knows about the timelines (pre and post movie though Beast Era)
    • Can name most of the characters in your collection
    • Can answer most of the trivia questions you pose of them
    • Knows everything that you know
    • Is an even bigger fan than you are

She knows one thing and that's, I better find a better place to store my Alternators/BT boxes or else! I'm up to 14 boxes not to mention my 20th Ann Prime, Unicron and Takara Smokescreen box all in the main closet.

• Replies 40
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Being the female, things are easier :P

He knows alot, but how much I have no idea.... Never had a girlfriend in my life, so I can't really add to that (unless you call my bf a gf, he's rather femish... But eh, I like it ^__^ )

I just love robots for some reason... And hell, I know alot of names :D But when it comes to G1 I don't know alot....

my gf knows the factions and knows my favorite toy line (alts) and knows about binaltech... she even knows how to transform my alts. she prefers them over my g1 stuff. and like myself she doesn't use instructions lol. ... she also think's its "cute". growing up, her bro owned tf's thats why she knows about them. (they are some of the things she played with as a kid)

My girlfriend's great. She thinks they're cool, doesn't know much about them yet, but is eager to learn. She bought me the Megatron schematic poster when we first started dating, and asked "is this a good guy or bad guy?" So then i explained about Autobot/Decepticon, basically how the Autobot is red, and looks like a face, and the D-con looks more angry and is purple. (haven't tackled all the different faction names yet, i figure we'll just ease her into this). She will tear apart a Wal-mart TF shelf looking for one for me, with me on the phone..."Got it... Got it... nope... got it... YES!!" She's learning (she picks up things fast!) though. When she grabbed me Bulkhead, she asked if it was a good guy or bad. I showed her the box and said "You tell me." She studied it, and said it was a good guy. :clap

Her brother, who is 20, gave me 2 from his childhood, he must've been two when he got them, because they were Chromedome and Getaway, released around 1987 (right?). She found me Barricade and Bulkhead. I paid her, saying "you don't have to support my habit" and she said "actually i wouldn't mind..."

.........must...........resist...........temptation............

She wants to watch the movie, and specifically when she is most likely to pay the most attention. like i said, my girlfriend ROCKS.

When my fiance moved in with me, I saw his TF DVD collection and gave him crap for it. I remebed watching it years ago, but I was more of a Rainbow Bright gal at the time.

A year in a half later, he comes home to me watching TF's over and over again, me anticipating the release of Beast Machines, and trying to out run me to the toy section at our local Target & Toys-r-Us (I always win).

I could honestly say I may know more than him, but I love watching TF with him. I can't wait to share our TF love with our kids (who will probably think we're nuts).

Do not have a partner so I could not say. Not that I would care much what anyone says though. Outside of work, I do not like being told what or what not to do

I do have an email/chat friend I am close with and I talked quite a bit about my hobby. Doubt she would rememeber anything though she currenly inquires if I got the latest package yet. She also think it is cute that I still like Transformers so much.

Not that this is saying much. She also thinks I am cute and I have a face only a mother could love. :tflaugh

I try not to bore her with stuff....she knows factions and most of the main characters. I haven't made her watch the movie yet. But hey, she's a bigger Star Wars and LOTR fan than me, so I'd say we're even. :tflaugh

She DOESN'T like that she's waiting for a ring and I'm still buying TF's. But she doesn't mind much. :bounce

Archived