War Within figures

Big Grim

Hell, I say that an even better idea (or maybe just as good, I dunno) is to have sublines for all of those little variant series.

War Within appeals to the comic fans, but would probably look... bad. At least if the robots were comic-accurate. The art was all puffy-like.

But me, personally? I think a better case could be made for toy versions of Transformers vs GIJoe (the Jae Lee version). Grimlock as a Panzer tank, old-styled fighter planes... Yeah. THAT would be nice.

YES! I was thinking the same thing!

Well not really, because I've only read the Image Comics series...but close enough!

• Replies 41
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Yeah I think they should...I always think that characters used in a story (comic, tv, anything) should be toys that exist or will later exist. After all, they're all based off the toys, not the other way around.

The one thing I didn't like about War Within...it doesn't match the G1 show continuity at all. The new G1 comics are based off season's one and two, but then split off, right? That's what I like to see. Everyone knows the show, and there's enough unfilled story gaps that they could have still had a good series.

war within is a re-imagination of the begining. i believe that it should be gospel(except the grimlock part dino-bots were created on earth still absolutly cool tho) it makes more sense that optimus had mixed feelings about being leader than just saying "orian pax you're now leader of the autobots and you're new name is optimus prime." and prime says "ok" know what i mean?

Yeah I think they should...I always think that characters used in a story (comic, tv, anything) should be toys that exist or will later exist. After all, they're all based off the toys, not the other way around.

The one thing I didn't like about War Within...it doesn't match the G1 show continuity at all. The new G1 comics are based off season's one and two, but then split off, right? That's what I like to see. Everyone knows the show, and there's enough unfilled story gaps that they could have still had a good series.

war within is a re-imagination of the begining. i believe that it should be gospel(except the grimlock part dino-bots were created on earth still absolutly cool tho) it makes more sense that optimus had mixed feelings about being leader than just saying "orian pax you're now leader of the autobots and you're new name is optimus prime." and prime says "ok" know what i mean?

well personnally i believe that Orion Pax got the matrix, which changed him into Optimus Prime...not very different than Hot Rod changing to Rodimus Prime. Optimus had to step up and lead, just like the young guy Hot Rod did.

Even though I have to say that the part about the Dinobots already existing is one of my main problems with it, we have to say also that the Constructicons were made on earth but repeatedly in the series itself we see them on Cyberton in the past. So...whatever.

well personnally i believe that Orion Pax got the matrix, which changed him into Optimus Prime...not very different than Hot Rod changing to Rodimus Prime. Optimus had to step up and lead, just like the young guy Hot Rod did.

Even though I have to say that the part about the Dinobots already existing is one of my main problems with it, we have to say also that the Constructicons were made on earth but repeatedly in the series itself we see them on Cyberton in the past. So...whatever.

it's conjecture when optimus got the matrix, i don't think he got it right away. pax was almost dead and was rebuilt into optimus, that does not mean he had it from the begining. alpha trion had it, more than likely he got it either just before he left cybertron or just before trion joined with vector sigma. the matrix didn't even show up until the movie and was NEVER shown before that in the U.S. anyway, (not sure of japan) so the facts of this will never be known.

it's conjecture when optimus got the matrix, i don't think he got it right away. pax was almost dead and was rebuilt into optimus, that does not mean he had it from the begining. alpha trion had it, more than likely he got it either just before he left cybertron or just before trion joined with vector sigma. the matrix didn't even show up until the movie and was NEVER shown before that in the U.S. anyway, (not sure of japan) so the facts of this will never be known.

plus the constructicons were not created on earth they had a feud with omega supreme millions of years before they came to earth they were once good guys

I agree with with dufftrix. I would rather have Takara/Hasbro focus on updating and redoing older figures that were seriously lacking (ie. pretty much all of the movie characters) I would love to see the continuation of the masterpiece line with an accurate Hot Rod, Galvatron, and finally a release of G1 Arcee.

Personally, I would love to see War Within Figures :) I do agree that Takara should finish releasing the whole line of originals but it would be cool to see WWI figures because some of the designs were sweet. Optimus and Grimlock would be cool, but heck, we would also be able to get a North American friendly version of the original Megs

I agree with with dufftrix. I would rather have Takara/Hasbro focus on updating and redoing older figures that were seriously lacking (ie. pretty much all of the movie characters) I would love to see the continuation of the masterpiece line with an accurate Hot Rod, Galvatron, and finally a release of G1 Arcee.

amen brother!

Archived