Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

TFormers Community

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

Combiners/Gestalts...

Recommended Posts

  • Replies 45
  • Views 1.8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Holy flip! I have the lion portion of this combiner! I picked him up years ago at a flea market for a few bucks. I thought he was a Voltron series robot, just not one of the combining lions. Finally figuring out where this guy came from has made my day! :tfgrin

 

:ab

One of my favorite "play-value" attributes for this figure(s) is that awsome rocket launcher that folds out of the lion's back.

 

I am a little embarrased to say this but as my Prime started to get old, and fail the autobot cause i had this "character" as my autobot leader more and more. I named him Atlas, Aslan, and Boat

kinda like the greek myth, the Narnian king and uh the legs (just like Prime's Roller was just a drone) but the three parts of him made him the ultimate leader amongst my Dino/animal-bots, AUTO-Bots, and then the BOTS in total, he was like the best of all forms.

 

And he was a combiner to boot!

But then i also had the Knightrider toy and Kitt and Michael helped the autobots on occasion as well.

 

But they had to because the decepticons had enlisted the aid of the Krakken...

so what else were they going to do?

 

Hunter

"If you are going to wage a war against nothing, you might as well join the side thats going to win"

Monstructor

 

Micromaster-pretender-gestalt team

 

And there were 6 of them!. Also he was one of the only gestalts to have knees, and held together pretty solidly compared to the scramble city style gestalts

Also he was one of the only gestalts to have knees

 

 

Some of the Airielbots gave a knee if you bent the head at a 90 degree angle.....

I personally think G1 Devastator is the most unique out of G1 and the best color scheme.

 

The all Yellow repaint of Landfill/Build Team is very good and unique, but his overall look doesn't appeal to me personally...but it is unique.

 

None of the Energon Combiners are very unique...like they all follow the same prinicpal and each have color scheme problems -- The blue plane for Superion, the blue crane for Constructicons, & Bruticus doesn't match at all. They each have the same old 5-part team with one big guy and 4 little guys. Sure they have articulation but that comes with the times...so no big deal there, even though the articulation is nice.

  • Author

Holy flip! I have the lion portion of this combiner! I picked him up years ago at a flea market for a few bucks. I thought he was a Voltron series robot, just not one of the combining lions. Finally figuring out where this guy came from has made my day! :tfgrin

 

:ab

One of my favorite "play-value" attributes for this figure(s) is that awsome rocket launcher that folds out of the lion's back.

 

I am a little embarrased to say this but as my Prime started to get old, and fail the autobot cause i had this "character" as my autobot leader more and more. I named him Atlas, Aslan, and Boat

kinda like the greek myth, the Narnian king and uh the legs (just like Prime's Roller was just a drone) but the three parts of him made him the ultimate leader amongst my Dino/animal-bots, AUTO-Bots, and then the BOTS in total, he was like the best of all forms.

 

And he was a combiner to boot!

But then i also had the Knightrider toy and Kitt and Michael helped the autobots on occasion as well.

 

But they had to because the decepticons had enlisted the aid of the Krakken...

so what else were they going to do?

 

Hunter

"If you are going to wage a war against nothing, you might as well join the side thats going to win"

haha, that's cool, Rose. I never really got tired of using Prime. He's still the commander in my world, although i did upgrade him to Armada Supercon Prime. Now i just pretend that he's a target master.

 

As for the decepticons, however, Megs got old for me. So i replaced him with a big bad ass figure: Superhuman Samurai Syber Squad Drago! Except, i referred to him as Trypticon 2.0. I just pretended that he overthrew Megs. He really worked as a Trypticon fill-in because he still had 3 modes: Spaceship (the new decepticon transport with a massive superlaser), Dragon, and Bot mode (even if the bot mode required the bland Ultraman looking guy).

 

Ahh, those were the days...I think i still have that figure boxed up somewhere at home. I wonder how much he would fetch on eBay these days... :thumb

 

:ab

I'm surprised that noone has yet mentioned POWER RANGERS. My favorite from this selection is the WILDFORCE versions. A great combination of SHOGUN WARRIORS and VOLTRON at the same time. The one with the Red Lion always reminds me of SHOGUN WARRIORS/SOUL of CHOGOKIN GAIKING.

 

I also love COMBATLER V. I missed the fifst variation but got him finally when he was released for the SOUL of CHOGOKIN and am soo happy with him.

 

I also love RID OMEGAPRIME and the whole ENERGON combiner line as well as LANDFILL. Wish I could have found him in yellow.

 

MAGNABOSS is great as well but I hope that we see more beast combiners with the new line...so far theres lots of promise for this line. :thumb

I'd vote Raiden.

 

Not the formulaic Big 1 Little 4 and was all one type of alt basically.

By the way, "15-vehicle Voltron" was originally called Dairigger 15.

 

I may have misspelled Dairigger, though...

Holy flip! I have the lion portion of this combiner! I picked him up years ago at a flea market for a few bucks. I thought he was a Voltron series robot, just not one of the combining lions. Finally figuring out where this guy came from has made my day! :tfgrin

 

:ab

One of my favorite "play-value" attributes for this figure(s) is that awsome rocket launcher that folds out of the lion's back.

 

I am a little embarrased to say this but as my Prime started to get old, and fail the autobot cause i had this "character" as my autobot leader more and more. I named him Atlas, Aslan, and Boat

kinda like the greek myth, the Narnian king and uh the legs (just like Prime's Roller was just a drone) but the three parts of him made him the ultimate leader amongst my Dino/animal-bots, AUTO-Bots, and then the BOTS in total, he was like the best of all forms.

 

And he was a combiner to boot!

But then i also had the Knightrider toy and Kitt and Michael helped the autobots on occasion as well.

 

But they had to because the decepticons had enlisted the aid of the Krakken...

so what else were they going to do?

 

Hunter

"If you are going to wage a war against nothing, you might as well join the side thats going to win"

haha, that's cool, Rose. I never really got tired of using Prime. He's still the commander in my world, although i did upgrade him to Armada Supercon Prime. Now i just pretend that he's a target master.

 

As for the decepticons, however, Megs got old for me. So i replaced him with a big bad ass figure: Superhuman Samurai Syber Squad Drago! Except, i referred to him as Trypticon 2.0. I just pretended that he overthrew Megs. He really worked as a Trypticon fill-in because he still had 3 modes: Spaceship (the new decepticon transport with a massive superlaser), Dragon, and Bot mode (even if the bot mode required the bland Ultraman looking guy).

 

Ahh, those were the days...I think i still have that figure boxed up somewhere at home. I wonder how much he would fetch on eBay these days... :thumb

 

:ab

Omega- It wasnt that I got tired of Prime - he just got old and the toy physically started to wear out.

I never had G1-Megatron (well not till the Takara reissue) so my Decep leader was nearly always, Galvatron...However in my world StarScream Led the decepticons nearly as often as not. But Galvatron always reclaimed his mantel by the end of the episode/weekend/bedtime on sunday night.

 

I also had Tripticon, but he was always just the mindless city, when you have Trypticon and the Krakken and COBRA's HISS tank - added to Galvatron and the seekers , you know there is going to be trouble (yeah yeah - the decepticons cheated, and Prime/Atlas's Matrix did not Turn the krakken to stone so they had to be resourcefull)

 

Hunter

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Sign Up For The TNI Newsletter And Have The News Delivered To You!
SOCIAL NETWORKS

ToyNewsI MarvelousNews Tformers JediInsider
Entertainment News International (ENI) is the oldest, largest, and most popular news source for adult toy collectors (kidults) all around the world.

Get the scoop every day on all the popular culture action figures, comics, games, movies, toys, and more!

Contact and Support
Advertising | Submit News | Contact ENI | Privacy Policy


All images, trademarks, logos, video, brands and images used on this website are registered trademarks of their respective companies and owners. All Rights Reserved. Data has been shared for news reporting purposes only. All content sourced by fans, online websites, and or other fan community sources. Entertainment News International is not responsible for reporting errors, inaccuracies, omissions, and or other liablities related to news shared here. We do our best to keep tabs on infringements. If some of your content was shared by accident. Please Contact us about any infringements right away - CLICK HERE

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.