Assembly mistakes on your bots.

Sideswipe

Hello everyone! This is both my first post and first topic.

Inspired by a different topic called "Energon Storm Jet, Are his knees on wrong?" (I forgot to look who started that thread for credit purposes, my bad), I realized that some of the bots I've bought new over the years came flawed or "kinda" flawed.

Feel free to share about how your bot(s) are/were flawed.

For example,

1) I bought grimlock form RID sealed. When I opened him up and started transforming him, I noticed that one of the rods that let his toes swing open was missdrilled but yet the rod was there anyways. It took me an hour to pull the pin out without damaging it anymore than I had to (which is minimal) and then drill a new hole with a bit the exact same size (which I had thank god). He's fine now.

2)Similar to the other thread, I had to swap 2 joints on the Armada Unicron's outer planetary ring.

3) Almost ALL my TRU re-issues have probs (shouldn't have bought them all at once, dammit) scatched parts, missing armor plates, pieces that fall off. The Hasbro/TRU re-issue line is crap.

• Replies 61
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Well, ignoring the obvious one (Storm Jet), I had to do a bit of repair on my BW TM2 Megs, to get his neck mechanism set up right...

I also have a mis-drilled Unicron ring joint, which is somewhat of a pain.. I also wonder if my Unicron is a bit wrong, as I can't connect his leg parts to the shell halves, as it was designed to do.. but that might just be transformation problems.

Athenor

Well like most people, I got the first run of Razorclaw of Univese so it had the wrong insignias... Same with Airazor

I don't think those are so much mistakes as hasbro simply being cheap/lazy :nuts

For me.. only one comes to mind-- the Battle in a Box Ultra Magnus (the repaint of Armada Supercon Prime). His forearms are on the wrong arms. Only one I've ever noticed enough of a flaw to fix anyways.

I got ENENGON SLUGSLINGER and his mid section was all discombobulated. When I tried to close his midsection, it always remained unstable. I went to my local Target` today and got another and "snap" his midsection clicked in and unlatched beautifully. Will be making a return or exchange.

On ALT JAZZ his left door/wing isn't the most stable thing as it slides in and out without even touching it. I have to find another one in order to replace the part. The door is even out of place in car mode. Only thing stopping me from going to REPROLABLES. My only other complaints are the weapons on my ALT SILVERSTREAK and GRIMLOCK. Not the sturdiest of weapons. Might have to make a couple trips and change a few things but will be worth it to have everything up to speck. :thumb

Gripe with us people!! LOL I'd love to find out if there were more issues out there. :tftongue

Archived