Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

TFormers Community

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

Thoughts on collecting

Recommended Posts

Anything that isnt' G1 isn't really work keeping MISB (unless it's a major character from season 1 BW). That's why I take them out of their packaging as well. My dad can't seem to get the thought across his mind that they won't make me a huge profit 20 years down the line. The onyl collectibles that I htink I'll be able to make any money off of are my Hot Wheels, and even that's highly questionable if I will even sell them

  • Replies 40
  • Views 1.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
The thought briefly passed through my head when I got back into TFs during Beast Wars, but I quickly realized that I was collecting agian to play with and display these figures not to make a buck.

You summed my thoughts up perfectly. I got back into transformers the summer of 98. Fell in love again and starting buying multiple, sometimes tripple of each figure released. Besides running out of space I realized quickly I didn't care about the investment so much as a I loved the characters and toys. It's all about ripping them out and transforming them. So now, one of each sometimes two (in the case of drones! :tftounge ) and much fun!

1998 was a good summer wasn't it? :thumb

heh, I don't see how you can make a living buying anything, keeping it in a box, then selling it.

I mean look at Ebay these days, people are there selling original opened optimus primes and say that they are rare, and have a starting price of say $60, then a few down there is one of the jap or american reissues starting at a $1 bid or even a buy it now for like 30ish, I mean hmm, shall I pay $60 or $30 for a new one...

 

I have nothing misb, the only boxes I have on display have probably been opened alot just for that, I feel like playing with this moment...

...I may keep him in box, mostly because of the memories of de-twist tieing him lol.

I use small wire cutters... I got Brave Max out of the box in about a min.

I might do the same with Unicron and MPP when I open him! :thumb

I remember opening a MISB G1 Shockwave.

It was absolutely exhilirating.

That's funny! :tflaugh

 

That reminds me of when I opened my G1 Jetfire! :thumb

 

Still have it!

I have a few TFs MISB. Alternator Smokescreen [though i do have one opened on display] and Alternator Side Swipe... in his case, he looks better in the box. :rofl Oh, and I have a Blast Punch Primal still MISB along with a Spychanger 2-pack. Thats it. I'm trying to save up for another reissue Megatron to keep sealed, but saving up to buy an engagement ring for my Belly is more important.

 

The only reasons those are sealed is because either A) I have multiples, or B) they look better in the box. [Alt Side Swipe sucks in bot mode!] And in the case of me buying another Megatron just to keep sealed... can't explain why, but I feel guilty for having opened the one i have. I LOVE the toy to death, he's so freaking fun to play with... but for some reason i felt guilty opening him and stickering him up... so i figure to get rid of that gult I'll buy a new one.:)

 

I've never collected anything to make money. I've collected TFs and comics [back in the day] because i enjoyed them. I freaking love playing with my TFs. And I freaking love reading comics. The idea that they could ever be worth anything is just sorta a small possible bonus. It's not a reason to collect!

i actually untwisted all the ties for mp convoy

i got pissed at unicron so i brought out my pocketknife, it ended up dulling the sissors

then i brought out the nail cutters, those worked wonders

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Sign Up For The TNI Newsletter And Have The News Delivered To You!
SOCIAL NETWORKS

ToyNewsI MarvelousNews Tformers JediInsider
Entertainment News International (ENI) is the oldest, largest, and most popular news source for adult toy collectors (kidults) all around the world.

Get the scoop every day on all the popular culture action figures, comics, games, movies, toys, and more!

Contact and Support
Advertising | Submit News | Contact ENI | Privacy Policy


All images, trademarks, logos, video, brands and images used on this website are registered trademarks of their respective companies and owners. All Rights Reserved. Data has been shared for news reporting purposes only. All content sourced by fans, online websites, and or other fan community sources. Entertainment News International is not responsible for reporting errors, inaccuracies, omissions, and or other liablities related to news shared here. We do our best to keep tabs on infringements. If some of your content was shared by accident. Please Contact us about any infringements right away - CLICK HERE

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.