Finally watched a few episodes of Energon...

The REAL Generation Zero

Energon Megatron is done by David Kaye. Whom also did Megatron from BW onwards. Who is, IMO, a great Megatron VA. Much better I think than Frank Welker's Megatron. Welker's a great guy to be sure, and has some excellent range, but the screeching voiced Megs pales in comparison to the prim and proper royal sounding Megs.

Some of Kaye's other works (besides visiting a few Botcons and being a very nice guy) include:

Doom 3

Hulk (the movie, played a soldier)

Gundam: Encounters in Space Narrator, many voices

Ratchet and Clank: Clank

X2: TV Host

Inuyasha: Sesshoumaru

Dynasty Warriors: Narrator, Xiahou Dun

Megaman NT Warrior: Protoman

X-Men Evolution: Professor X

Gundam Wing: Treize Kushranada

Street Fighter Animated Series: Akuma

Ranma 1/2: Soun Tendo

And probably my favorite work of his as VA: Narrator for Ronin Warriors, and also played the Ancient One there.

He also played parts in Outer Limits, ReBoot, X Files, Sliders, and some other scifi shows.

And if you can't grasp that G1 is NOT BW or Armada, then you failed from the beginning to try to enjoy it. It's not G1 at all and should not be viewed from the, "How G1 is it?" standpoint.

G1 definatly had Side switching, Skyfire(born a Con), Load Halour, Sixshot, Doubleclouder, Cancer, Bullhorn, Wilder, Goryu, Doryu, Gairyu, Rairyu, Kakuryu, Yokuryu, Circuit, Discharge, Glide, Neo-Wheel, Road Police, Siren and to some extent Sixnight have flip-floped in G1.

Don't forget in the g1 cartoon the contructicons were actually once autobots that were reprogramed by Megatron. I know the comics were different though.

G1 definatly had Side switching, Skyfire(born a Con), Load Halour, Sixshot, Doubleclouder, Cancer, Bullhorn, Wilder, Goryu, Doryu, Gairyu, Rairyu, Kakuryu, Yokuryu, Circuit, Discharge, Glide, Neo-Wheel, Road Police, Siren and to some extent Sixnight have flip-floped in G1.

I haven't even heard of most of those characters. Most of us who are into G1 are unaware of events past "Rebirth" and usually don't consider them part of the series untill we've seen them. BTW, could you tell me where I could pick up the Japanese versions?

Don't forget in the g1 cartoon the contructicons were actually once autobots that were reprogramed by Megatron. I know the comics were different though.

The Constructicons were Pacifist Decepticons(much like Skyfire) before they were reprogramed.

In the Hardwired Novels(I know it is a sin against Primus to bring *those* up) Megatron reprogramed a gardean Robot(sort off an autobot) to a decepticon, but by the end of the novels it was an Autobot again.

And if you can't grasp that G1 is NOT BW or Armada, then you failed from the beginning to try to enjoy it. It's not G1 at all and should not be viewed from the, "How G1 is it?" standpoint.

I wasn't looking at it that way, I was trying to give it a view as a new show... but trying to watch a show with charachter names that I've known and loved for 20 years, it's tough not to compare and contrast.

Try listening to Alter Bridge without thinking of the similarities and differences from Creed, or Velvet Revolver to GnR or STP, and you'll see what I mean...

All in all, Energon wasn't as bad as I thought it would be, but it wasn't good enough for me to get up at 6:30 to watch it either. If it ever gets graced with an afternoon time slot, then I may start following it more closely... 'Till then, I've always got my trusty G1 DVD's. :tflaugh

Humans should have no use for Energon, nor should "raw Energon" be found anywhere but Cybertron.

I might be mistaken, since I haven't watched BW since it aired, but wasn't there raw energon on earth in that? I coulda sworn that's the reason they got beast forms in the first place. Because too much raw energon would short them out...

Yep Lazerwave is right, but the only reason there was Raw energon on ancient earth/energios is b/c of the vok

Forgot about that.

Oh, and it's Lazerblast. It's a misspelling of Laserwave+ Shockblast. Not Shockwave, but Lazerblast :tflaugh

Archived