Fansproject Release Teaser Hidden In Extra's For Assulter!

Reluttr

BBTS just put a picture of the tree of unpainted minifigures included with assulter for use in carrier mode.

FPJ10028.jpg

All is in place with the top row, Defender in copter mode, car mode, steel cores cab, and trailer. The teaser is in the second row of miniture's on the tree, the first being a race car, most likely a nod to Drag Strip from the upcoming Menasor release. The next item on the sprue is a futuristic jeep, but not just any jeep, its g1 roadbusters alt mode! Which if you remember right, a stylized roadbuster robot mode was also featured in the comic with Protector's comic.

Then we come to the last 2 items on the tree, a pair of very futuristic motorcycles, they almost look like the perfect effect/idw arcee design. I would say its a nod to a possible computron release since afterburner had a alt mode similar to that, but whats weird is that there is a pair of the cycle, like with the release of PE-DX-01. Does this mean there is a collaboration project between Perfect Effect and Fansproject in the works? Its highly possible, FP has collaborated with Maketoys in the past, and since FP is interested in reinventing the power, target, and head masters, it would only make sense to work with the masters of tiny transforming robots.

Whats probably the most exciting thing about this all is that since FP released a physical item of these designs then its means that they already have a working model of all of them. So basic or not, FP has began work on ALL of these in one way or another and have made it past concept art stage!

where's my triple set Fansproject??? can't wait for these.

If you ordered from FansProjectCore, then it's likely that your order has been shipped. I sent them an e-mail complaining as to why the online stores got their Assaulters in stock, but I, who ordered directly from them as soon as Assaulter went for sale, had not gotten mine. Well, they explained that a lot orders have been shipped. I guess they can't be bothered to tell anyone.

I've seen some wild speculation in my time, but DEAR GOD.

That Steel Core's trailer is on the sprue should surprise no-one; FansProject Core already put out an announcement revealing that a trailer was in the works. The dune buggy is clearly Sandstorm; again, a no-brainer considering that Fans Project have now released homages to two thirds of the Autobot triple-changer team (and this sprue comes with one of those releases no less).

The only remotely accurate call here is that the jeep is an homage to Roadbuster; again, hardly surprising given that he shares membership via the Wreckers with Springer (Defender) and Broadside (Assaulter).

Furthermore, the idea that this sprue represents some sort of ironclad evidence that FansProject are actively working on or have even completed full-scale versions of these tiny models is ludicrous - putting aside the potential for figures to be permanently backburnered as a result of outside market forces (e.g. FansProject's not-Wreck-Gar effort), it would be just as easy for FansProject to model small-scale versions for this sprue as to shrink down the CAD work for completed figures. Given that we have seen only a very basic upscale version of Steel Core's trailer so far, I think it fair to say that the former approach was taken here.

The dune buggy is clearly Sandstorm; again, a no-brainer considering that Fans Project have now released homages to two thirds of the Autobot triple-changer team (and this sprue comes with one of those releases no less.

That was the first and only thing that came to mind when I saw that one. People are seriously over thinking this.

Emerje

I thought FP Scrapped their Wreck-Gar concept when Hasbro Came out with their RtS Wreck-Gar. I can possible see them doing a Sandstorm since they have now done Springer and Broadside. It's be nice if they did a Blitzwing since no one has put one out yet.

Archived