Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

TFormers Community

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

Topic Of The Week: What Did You Think Of The Transformers Prime Season 2 Finale?

Recommended Posts

The Transformers Prime Season 2 Finale, "Darkest Hour," has come and gone leaving the fans hanging until Season 3 picks up. That said, I have been reading comments online and I see a lot of mixed feelings about the show. Some liked it, some didn't, and many said they didn't expect what happened. Transformers Prime has been a strange ride. in many ways, it is the cartoon that has everything we could have hoped for. Yet, it has not gained the kind of adoration that shows like Animated and others have. What are your thoughts on the Finale, Season 2, and the Prime series overall? Read the Full News Story Here

IMO, the season finale was a letdown, we get teased for half the season that we'd get to see a rebirth on Cybertron, by either OP or Megs, then what happens? Over in the first 3 minutes of the finale..... what a crappy way to end the season.

  • Author

I had a similar reaction to Orion Pax. Letting everyone think it would be Nemesis Prime. Instead, we got Dumbass Prime. IMO, the Prime cartoon suffers from the same thing the movies do. No matter how good the production and animation. Using parts of the TF Universe in an adhoc way just doesn't work.

They tried to hard, and it flopped, hey let's destroy any chance of rebuilding Cybertron! and leave Optimus in a pile of rubble! The whole series has been letting down. Kind of makes me wonder how long Predaking will be around before the Autobot destroy him? 5 episodes? seriously, they need to move the series along instead of trying to keep the Autobots backed into a corner.

 

and Ratchet will be the one who switches sides to the Decepticons, because of what Optimus did.

 

Seriously Optimus could have stopped the terraforming of Earth without destroying the Omegalock, kind of makes you think who is the real villain? Megatron was trying to rebuild, Optimus destroys

The show was great but the last 2 episodes were poor. First of all, Optimus Prime would never leave their human allies unprotected. Terrible writing on that one. The same cliffhanger could have been achieved with Megatron threatening to destroy human cities. Which is what I thought would happen when Starscream presented his solution.

 

The final episode is even worse. The Autobots abandon their base despite outnumbering the Decepticons almost 2 to 1! Insecticons and Vehicons do not count as they are little more than cannon fodder. Megatron has lost an arm and is vunerable and Optimus still has the Star Sabre which can easily disable the Nemesis. Yet they cut and run. LAME!

 

Yes, the premise for season 3 is interesting with the Autobots on the run but the way in this was achieved was terrible.

 

And as Starscream clearly stated, it divided we stand. Alone the Autobots do not have a hope in hell of defeating the Decepticons.

 

I was super excited when I went into last week's episode but that turned to dissapoinment with the lame cliffhanger. The hope that the writers could salvage this with Darkest Hour but sadly enough they managed to completely fuck it up (excluse the language but I feel that strongly about this) up to a point where I do not even care about the next episode.

 

Instead of eagerly looking forward to season 3, I am like "meh!".

 

Overall I was almost ready to consider this series to be on par with Animated but these two episodes bump it down to Unicron trilogy crappyness.

 

The excellent writing of Animated will never be equalled but surely they can do better than this. Perhaps Disney should buy Hasbro.

 

Here is why Animated ruled:

 

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GfuKIey3a5U

Yeah, and if Ratchet defects for real to the 'cons then I'm done with the series, we don't need another Beast Machines fiasco, however it seems Ratchet may take the route Rhinox went, and the overall premise for season 3 is awful anyway.

The show was great but the last 2 episodes were poor. First of all, Optimus Prime would never leave their human allies unprotected. Terrible writing on that one. The same cliffhanger could have been achieved with Megatron threatening to destroy human cities. Which is what I thought would happen when Starscream presented his solution.

 

The final episode is even worse. The Autobots abandon their base despite outnumbering the Decepticons almost 2 to 1! Insecticons and Vehicons do not count as they are little more than cannon fodder. Megatron has lost an arm and is vunerable and Optimus still has the Star Sabre which can easily disable the Nemesis. Yet they cut and run. LAME!

 

Yes, the premise for season 3 is interesting with the Autobots on the run but the way in this was achieved was terrible.

 

And as Starscream clearly stated, it divided we stand. Alone the Autobots do not have a hope in hell of defeating the Decepticons.

 

I was super excited when I went into last week's episode but that turned to dissapoinment with the lame cliffhanger. The hope that the writers could salvage this with Darkest Hour but sadly enough they managed to completely fuck it up (excluse the language but I feel that strongly about this) up to a point where I do not even care about the next episode.

 

Instead of eagerly looking forward to season 3, I am like "meh!".

 

Overall I was almost ready to consider this series to be on par with Animated but these two episodes bump it down to Unicron trilogy crappyness.

 

The excellent writing of Animated will never be equalled but surely they can do better than this. Perhaps Disney should buy Hasbro.

 

Here is why Animated ruled:

 

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GfuKIey3a5U

Do not turn this into an Animated V. Prime discussion please, we all have our own oppinions, and while the last two eps of the season sucked, IMO they were still better than the entirety of the Animated series, there is no amount of fanservice that can make up for giant robots fighting a Princess on a flying Unicorn...

Season 3 was already meh, when they told us about Beast Hunters. Because of rstchets reaction to what Optimus did, is why I can see him switching sides. As for the writing? Prime is better than Animated, but then I view Animated as nothing but complete garbage on par with the crap that was BM. Cybertron was still better than Prime and Animated. And I'm not hooding out any hope for Season 3, which we can all tell will be Bambi vs Godzilla, and Bambi wins. They should have stuck with the Insect icons.

Let's not make this an Animated vs Prime battle here. Keep on track. Keep it related to Prime.

 

Personally, I'm mixed on it. S2E25 was great to me. The finale? They condensed an entire arc into 5min. Another cliffhanger/cram job that didn't translate well.

Agreed. I merely brought Animated into it because TFormers said, and I quote: Transformers Prime has been a strange ride. in many ways, it is the cartoon that has everything we could have hoped for. Yet, it has not gained the kind of adoration that shows like Animated and others have."

 

And I can completely understand that lack after seeing the final episode of season 2 which was awful. I loved the show up to that point, I really did but the last episode sent it straight down the crapper.

 

Episode 25 was awesome up untill the end which sucked. I mean, there is no way in the inferno that Optimus would not guard the kids or have them at the base. The same ending could have been achieved simply by having Starscream treaten to destroy any human city/country.

 

Optimus would do anything to save them. Even if that country was ,say, France. :tfgrin

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Sign Up For The TNI Newsletter And Have The News Delivered To You!
SOCIAL NETWORKS

ToyNewsI MarvelousNews Tformers JediInsider
Entertainment News International (ENI) is the oldest, largest, and most popular news source for adult toy collectors (kidults) all around the world.

Get the scoop every day on all the popular culture action figures, comics, games, movies, toys, and more!

Contact and Support
Advertising | Submit News | Contact ENI | Privacy Policy


All images, trademarks, logos, video, brands and images used on this website are registered trademarks of their respective companies and owners. All Rights Reserved. Data has been shared for news reporting purposes only. All content sourced by fans, online websites, and or other fan community sources. Entertainment News International is not responsible for reporting errors, inaccuracies, omissions, and or other liablities related to news shared here. We do our best to keep tabs on infringements. If some of your content was shared by accident. Please Contact us about any infringements right away - CLICK HERE

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.