TF CLUB - anti scalpers overhaull

Backfire

The subscription service figures seem very anti-scalper ( you can order an unlimited amount, no fear of premature sellouts, as long as you have your order in by September 10) the annual club pre-order exclusive though... well that's where the nightmare is. They make a very limited amount and the preorders usually sellout within the first few hours. I can only imagine how many sore bottoms there were from (bend)Over-Run

I'm not sure what you mean by "annual club pre-order exclusive". Do you mean the club membership incentive figure (Depth Charge for 2013)? If so, I don't think there's any danger of a sell-out, provided you become a member before March 16th. If you wait until later (when extras are put up at the store), well, that's the same risk you'd be taking with these subscription figures if you choose to wait.

The situation with Over-Run should never happen again. The subscription model replaces that model for club exclusives entirely.

Or do you mean something related to the convention (not club) exclusives (which do continue to be limited run and must usually be pre-ordered, at least in the case of the box sets, to avoid a sell-out)?

I mean figures like Over-Run, G2 Ramjet, Punch/Counterpunch, too many to list etc...

As far as the subscription service COMPLETELY replacing the standard club pre-order (not the freebie, the one you gotta wait until March to order).... Well I'll believe that when I see it, but I'm fairly certain that TFCC will announce something that is ridiculously limited in quantity and only available for a grand total of 5 min. Come January.

Then your certainty flies in the face of what FP has told us they're doing. Nothing to do at that point except wait and see.

(As to the freebie, DON'T "wait until March" to order it! That's the DEADLINE. The LAST time at which you can order it. You can order it by renewing your membership right now if you want to!)

....which is why I always renew in January....

• Replies 32
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Has anyone else had an issue with them security-wise since the relaunch? Because I signed up for the subscription service and my confirmation email's invoice was for another customer. Name, address, even last four digits of credit card and expiration date. I called, they said it was a "known issue", I was just curious how wide spread this was...

Has anyone else had an issue with them security-wise since the relaunch? Because I signed up for the subscription service and my confirmation email's invoice was for another customer. Name, address, even last four digits of credit card and expiration date. I called, they said it was a "known issue", I was just curious how wide spread this was...

Hmmm. Come to think of it, I never got a confirmation email from them, when I signed up for the TFSS!

Archived