Well, looks like Michael Bay is up to his antics again (DotM Spoilers)

ice_wolf74

Really? Making the original leader of the Autobots, Sentinel Prime, the main villain of the movie? Don't get me wrong, I loved Dark of the Moon but Michael Bay totally destroyed Transformer canon with this movie and it was my only gripe. Also, what the heck was up with Megatron being submissive to Sentinel Prime until the very end, instead of the ruthless leader that he is always known to be? The biggest head scratcher for me was Sentinel Prime abandoning the Autobot's code of honor and defecting to the Decepticons to bring Cybertron to Earth? LOL! Thank God Michael Bay is done with this franchise. Now let's hope we get a reboot of the Transformer story that we all know and love.

Oh yeah, anyone else shocked with how violent this movie was? Especially compared to the first 2 movies and the cartoons? I was like WTF with violent Autobots and Decepticons were getting killed left and right. It was also nice to see Shia Lebeouf not so annoying in this movie either. I actually enjoyed watching his acting ability this time around.

• Replies 41
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Don't forget about the humans being killed left and right.

Sentinel's turn was a big surprise, but these movies were never supposed to be canon.

Sentinel's turn was a big surprise, but these movies were never supposed to be canon.

Yeah, the humans being decimated was jaw-dropping. It felt awfully familiar to that opening scene in Terminator. I was jus waiting for T-800s to come walking out firing their laser rifles and looking at the camera as they are walking over human skulls. :rofl

Seriously though, DotM was a great movie...if flawed by a lot. I am just bummed with all the Transformer Deaths that took place, especially Ironhide and Soundwave. I am just glad Michael Bay some-what made up for the awfulness of Revenge of the Fallen. :yay

... but that wasn't entirely his fault, was it? He mentioned in an interview that the whole writers strike effected RotF.

Not an Ironhide fan, but seeing him go kinda sucked. At least he had his moment before that.... and got a Leader class toy.

I was kind of thinking War of the Worlds when humans were vaporized. Then a bit later on, they started showing their skeletal remains after being shot.

:argh Thanks for the spoiler tags you asshat :argh

Uh...did you miss the "Spoiler" tag in the topic title, Sparkless? I don't know how to do all those fancy-schmancy tricks in my threads like you youngin's know how to do. :redface

Ice you gotta remember, the movieverse is its own continuity. I think its actually cool that Sentinel defected. Especially since All Sentinel cared about in any continuity was Cybertron and had a Cybertron first mentality.

I haven't seen it yet waiting for the bootleg copy to show up over here. But from what I have read, it is an all out brawl and Optimus goes on one hell of a killing spree.

This isn't your family child friendly G1 Transformers. This is more true to real life. And can't wait to see it.

Sentinel's actions aren't totally screwed up like you are saying, in fact I like the fact that something different was tried instead of recycling some old overused piece of TF story again. Granted, I've only read the comic adaptation, but that entire idea reminds me of Marvel US Scorponok in a way.

Also its an idea that there will always be war between the Autobots and Decepticons. Just as there will always be a Transformer story out there because the war will never end. Give Sentinel some props for trying to kill the franchise by attempting to end the war by trying a different team to play for.

Yeah, the humans being decimated was jaw-dropping. It felt awfully familiar to that opening scene in Terminator. I was jus waiting for T-800s to come walking out firing their laser rifles and looking at the camera as they are walking over human skulls. :rofl

Seriously though, DotM was a great movie...if flawed by a lot. I am just bummed with all the Transformer Deaths that took place, especially Ironhide and Soundwave. I am just glad Michael Bay some-what made up for the awfulness of Revenge of the Fallen. :yay

How'd Soundwave die?

Archived